Vacancy title: Scoop Operator
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Scoop Operator to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
• Reporting to: Mining Shift Supervisor
• Work Schedule: 7 Days On / 7 Days Night / 7 Days Off
• Duration: Permanent
• Conduct remote operation in open stope
• Operate multiple Loader Types & capacities
• Identify & Control efficiencies and delay
• Perform Towing/ Recovery activities
• Identify improved operating methods
• Observe cycle times
• Perform Road Building Activities
• Discuss with Supervisor how to improve operating & cycle efficiency
• Monitoring and control operating & cycle efficiency
• Monitoring and control loading & cycle efficiency
• Assist with the training and skills development of trainees.
• To provide technical, practical and field support in various working areas of the mine focusing in increasing work effectiveness and productivity while lowering cost through improved good operational practices
• Ordinary secondary education
• 3yard &1400 Yard Scoop Certification
• Valid Driving Licence
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as A scoop operator
• Experience in operating machine in large underground mining operation
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
• Hazard identification and Risk assessment
• Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
• Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
• Indicating the role title “Scoop Operator “ in the subject of your email
• Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking. Please forward applications before 08th December 2020.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com