A new generation of champions is already making a difference in making SDG 6 a reality, using new technologies and networks to demand the prioritization of water and sanitation, and calling for the end of inequalities in access.
Benefits Sanitation and Water for All (SWA) call for 2021 Youth Champion (2.500$/year, plus travel expenses)
- 2.500$/year, plus travel expenses
- Opportunity to advocate for youth participation in SWA’s high-level advocacy work
- Networking with a wide range of water and sanitation stakeholders
To support this work, and also increase the ‘youth voice’ within the partnership, SWA is looking for a Champion to collaborate with our Secretariat throughout 2021 in key activities.
- Around 1 day of work per month (or 2 hours per week), adapted you your schedule
- Report on SWA 2021 Sector Ministers’ Meeting from a youth perspective
- Monthly recorded interviews with youth leaders and SWA leadership
- Use your networks and connections to support SWA campaigns (e.g. gender, climate change, and human rights)
- Moderate information webinar about with key youth organizations and representatives
- Work with SWA on the launch of the partnership’s youth strategy
- Advise SWA on content and opportunities for youth engagement and advocacy throughout the year
- Between 18-24 years of age
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an asset
- Working or being involved in an SWA partner organizations is an asset
- Knowledge of water, sanitation and hygiene topics
- Experience in youth mobilization and engagement
How to apply
Send your application to [email protected] with the subject line “Application for SWA youth scholarship” by 19 February 2020 before midnight CET, including your CV and a motivation letter.