RTI International Jobs, Senior Grid Extension Advisor
Responsibilities RTI International Jobs, Senior Grid Extension Advisor
Responsible for facilitating the connection of new end-users to the grid via regularization, grid densification, and grid extension – with a focus on enhancing the cost-effectiveness and speed of electrification. Promotes increased grid-based productive and direct use applications and reduced grid connection costs for both customers and utilities.
- Lead Objective 2 Team – and supervise 7 direct reports and manage various sub- contractors
- Support utilities with long-term planning of transmission and distribution networks, including load forecasting, system analysis studies (load flow, fault and dynamic studies) with the aid of engineering simulation software (PSS/E, PSS Sincal, DigSilent, or similar) documented in master or expansion plans
- Support utilities and rural electrification agencies in reducing the cost of connections and time required to connect to the grid
- Work with the relevant utility/regulator to design and implement innovative, alternative business models for new on-grid connections
- Work with the relevant stakeholders and utilities to create demand for on-grid connections in several East African countries
- Develop training workshop programs and train utility staff on integrating geospatial and engineering platforms into their daily operations and electrification plans
- Improve utilities’ procurement procedures and train them on how to follow the guidelines and templates of international lending agencies or donors
- Support utilities with rehabilitation and expansion of transmission and distribution (T&D) networks by providing them with technical assistance on T&D operational improvements
- Manage subcontractor’s tasks and deliverables as per all above.
Required Minimum Qualification And Experience
- Minimum of Master’s degree in engineering, economics, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in utility transmission and distribution planning and grid extension, with 5 years direct international work experience in developing countries; experience in East Africa desirable
- Preference will be given to candidates who have PSS/E, PSS/Sincal, DigSilent or similar experience
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities RTI International Jobs, Senior Grid Extension Advisor
- Demonstrated success managing and leading technical and administrative teams
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting
- Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization; ability to coordinate activities with officials from host country government, US Government, NGOs, and other agencies
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within the broader team.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Experience in general business administration and financial management
- Ability to speak, read, and write at a professional level in English language