Rigger at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine November, 2020
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Rigger to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering Section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Off
- Ability to distinguish type of lifting equipment’s and uses
- Must know how to inspect wire rope and fiber sling for damage
- Ability to prepare and cut front end and back end of the winder ropes.
- Winder rope inspection, measurement and greasing
- Ability to change winder rope O/H crane rope and rope maintenance.
- Inspect and test lifting equipment e.g. chain block lever hoist and sling.
- To perform load test to the O/H crane and mobile crane
- To perform winder rope daily inspection and To inspect winder rope cross over
- To assist on winder rope Electoral magnetic Test
- Ability to test rigging to comply with mine safety and reliability policies
- Ability to attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving by using hand and power tools
- Assists in layout and measuring of materials for installation
- Assist operators, with maintaining clearance while lifts are being conducted
- Ability to retrieve all necessary lifting gear on a daily basis, from lifting container store to support the day’s specific activity
- Assists in staging materials and necessary tools to execute each work activity
- Performing of lifting tasks, contingent on the level of experience and guidance / direction from the maintenance team
- Responsible to signal and verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting of loads and moving of loads
- Control the movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or through confined spaces
- Ability to attach pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beamsceilings and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps
- Ability to attach loads with grappling devices such as loops, wires, chains and ropes to crane hook
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV and above level
- Trade’s qualified as rigger/ropes man at a recognized institution
- Valid driving license
- 5 years’ experience as an appointed rigger/ropes man, post trade, and a large deep level mine
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine Health & Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “RIGGER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 21st November 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 November 2020