Residence Engineers (20 POSTS) At CPB. The Cereals and Other Produce Board of Tanzania (CPB) is a Government institution established through the Cereals and Other Produce Act No. 19 of 2009 to provide for promotion and development of cereals and other agricultural produce and to provide for other related matter. According to the act, the main function of the Board is to carry out commercial activities and such other activities as are necessary, advantageous or proper for the development of the cereals and other produce industry.
CPB Headquarters is located in Dodoma at Central Business Park, Mbugani area along VETA Road. Currently, CPB offices outside Dodoma operate in seven Branch offices as follows: Eastern (Dar es Salaam City in Dar es Salaam Region), Southern (Mtwara Municipality in Mtwara Region) Southern Highlands (Iringa Municipality in Iringa Region), Northern (Arusha City in Arusha Region) Western (Kigoma Municipality in Kigoma Region), Lake (Mwanza City in Mwanza Region) and Central (Dodoma City in Dodoma Region).
The Headquarters is responsible for providing Branch Offices with technical and professional support, establishing standards, systems and procedures for resources management, utilization, capacity building, coordinating the Board’s technical services, monitoring and evaluating the performance of field operations. All operational matters of the CPB are handled at the Branches, and that the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
CPB is seeking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions below and work as part of a team that meet the expectations of the CPB….
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Manufacturing Engineering
- Five to ten years of demonstrated experience as residence engineer in Industrial Projects
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical diagrams, and related documents; advanced construction software skills, experience working with diagnostic and quality measuring tools and the ability to stick to safety standards.
- Experience in paddy processing industry is an added advantage
(ii) Duties and responsibilities
- To supervise the planning, coordination and implementation of the projects to ensure the projects adhere to all plans and regulations and that safety measures are appropriately taken. Lead the execution of the projects and supervise staff, prepare daily or weekly reports to submit to the project manager.
Supervise all activities of the project and ensure compliance to all plans and specifications and identify all errors in plans and ensure optimal working of contractual personnel.
Must make sure their projects adhere to all government and industry standards and guidelines. If special permits or records need to be obtained, the Resident Engineer will do so and ensure the paperwork is recorded and stored properly.
Specific tasks include
- Coordinate actions and inspections between the client and the consultant actor to ensure compliance with contract drawings and specifications.
- Manage and maintain accurate field notes and maintain flow of technical information and prepare comprehensive assessment reports for all supplied machines and associate equipment’s.
- Manage the general coordination with all the Project manager at Mwanza
- Attend project meetings, closeout meetings, and all other miscellaneous meetings and provided the respective Minutes of those meetings.
- Prepare all project documents and design all purchase orders and project schedules and ensure compliance to all health and safety policies and participate in evaluation of all engineer personnel.
- Establish the need and coordinated field visits with professionals of different disciplines for problems related to the development of the construction work.
- Evaluate unforeseen field conditions and coordinated with Project manager and other professionals.
- Manage and supervise safe remove and storage of the existing /old machinery and equipment and to advise on appropriate use of the same
- Provide professional advice in the design of process flow and waste management system
- Creating and handling schedule to construction staff, performing field quality control tests, assessing the material quality and quantity; verifying and approving invoices, overseeing work of the staff, ensuring compliance with quality standards, guaranteeing material availability, recommending repair work, surveying blueprints and maps, providing technical advice, identifying construction constraints, and preparing periodic reports.
Method of Application
All applications must be sent by using the following address; Director General, Cereals and Other Produce Board,
Central Business Park, Mbugani Area, 24 VETA Street,
Email address: [email protected]
All applications sent through email should have all the required documents scanned in pdf format and attached.
Closing date for receiving application 30th June, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Residence Engineers
CEREALS AND OTHER PRODUCE BOARD.