Research and Advisory Manager
Nature and scope:
The jobholder reports to the Director of Planning, Research, and Policy. He/She is responsible for coordinating and carrying out studies aimed at enriching the bank’s knowledge and information base to facilitate the implementation of its vision, mission, and objectives.
- Coordinate all research and development undertakings of the bank, including technical assistance, studies, and advisory services for the bank;
- Mobilize financial and technical support for research and capacity building from local, international bilateral, and multilateral organizations;
- Conduct research in order to identify financing gaps, challenges, and opportunities for product innovation across the agriculture value chains;
- Carry out research on the value chains of various agriculture-related products and advise on the most feasible and developmental interventions to be made by the bank;
- Undertake market research on potential markets for agricultural produce under value chains of focus to facilitate linkage to farmers;
- Coordinate the bank’s efforts aimed at establishing and maintaining collaborations and partnerships with other development banks for the purpose of sharing knowledge and business;
- Engage with domestic and international research and training institutions in research and capacity building in order to bring about the required transformation in the agricultural sector;
- Facilitate the establishment of working relationships and consultative fora between the bank and local as well as international research institutions;
- Build and maintain strong research information/database and network for easy access to key agriculture sector knowledge to facilitate informed decisions;
- Develop and conduct capacity-building programs for lending institutions and smallholder farmer organizations.
- Coordinate strategic partners engaged with youth development and fund mobilization for financing youths’ agriculture-related enterprises;
- Coordinate and carry out other research aimed at enriching the bank’s knowledge and information base to facilitate the implementation of its vision, mission, and objectives;
- Co-ordinate the bank’s efforts aimed at establishing and maintaining collaborations and partnerships with other development banks for the purpose of sharing knowledge and business.
- Design, implement and maintain a corporate knowledge management framework to safeguard institutional memory;
- Manage library services for the bank;
- Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned to him/her by his/her Supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics & Agribusiness, Rural Development, Agricultural Extension, Economics, Sociology, Business Administration, Finance, Banking, or related discipline.
- A strong first degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, or a related field.
- At least five (5) years of working experience in a research-based organization or related institution, two (2) years of which must be in a managerial role.
- Excellent and well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze financial and economic data and interpret research reports.
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to write reports in a concise and focused style.
- Must be a team player, very self-motivated, and able to manage and prioritize workload with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate with highly developed computer application skills.
- Knowledge of the banking industry and its related laws, regulations, policies, and procedures will be an added advantage.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities, and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through the TADB career portal: https://www.tadb.co.tz/careers/
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective applications.
Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which includes Contacts stating the name in full, physical address, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the candidate.
- Certified copies of relevant certificates.
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned no later than 4.00 pm on Monday, 21st of February 2022.