JOB TITLE: Receiving Officer
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Receiving Officer to join Supply Chain team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operations of receiving goods at the mine in accordance with the procedures. Ensure that any non-conforming items (Quality and quantity) are immediately isolated and reported for corrective action to be taken. The position will report to the Warehouse Superintendent
- Receiving activities of the receiving section;
- Check and / or ensure that documentation accompanying the items are complete
- Ensures that all items in a consignment are unloaded as per KPI
- Ensures that the records of deliveries are updated;
- Participates in and / or ensures that the physical receipt of orders is done correctly according to the procedures in force
- Participates in and / or ensure that all physical receipts of orders are actually entered into the computer system according to established procedures;
- Ensures that all stock items received are then transferred on the shelves and racks in the as directed by the put away transfer
- Ensures that all variances in quantity and non-conforming items are reported and that corrective action is taken
- Ensures that all Non-Stock items received are quality checked by the Technical and Capital Officer
- Ensures that non stock items are issued to the end user within the KPI
- Ensures that all empty containers back on the same trucks that bring them as far as possible
- Ensure that all non-conforming items are segregated as required Management of storage
- Ensures that inventory items are properly stored in accordance with the procedures
- Anticipates problems of storage space to and remedies on time
- Organizes and operates the storage space in the most optimal manner
- Monitoring of storage conditions of items and ensures that they are stored in the best possible conditions;
- Actively participates in the cycle and year-end stock counts
- Ensures that the consignment stocks are managed and stored in the required conditions
- Filing and archiving of documents in accordance with requirements generated by the store operations in line with requirements
- Ensures that the standards in terms of safety and environment are adhered to in the workplace and during operations covered by the store.
- Participates in the development of procedures for daily activities (reception, release, storage space)
- Perform any other tasks related to the overall objective of the position
Technician certificate in management or technical field
2 years’ experience in management or technical field
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in a team, communicate effectively and drive results
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work under pressure
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including performance incentives
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 05th March, 2021.