PSI Tanzania Jobs 2020, Chief Of Party
In each country, IM builds on key lessons learned from the PMI-funded Improving Malaria Diagnostics (IMaD) project (2008-2013) and MalariaCare (2013-2018). IMaD was mandated to focus solely on malaria diagnosis. MalariaCare expanded to include both malaria diagnosis and treatment. The scope of IM is expanded further to include malaria diagnosis and treatment, malaria in pregnancy, and new drug-based approaches like seasonal malaria chemoprevention, mass drug administration and reactive case detection, where appropriate.Join us!
In Tanzania, IM will work closely with NMCP, Zanzibar Malaria Elimination Program (ZAMEP), President’s Office-Regional Administrative and Local Government (PO- RALG), PMI/Tanzania, and other PMI partners to improve the quality of and access to malaria services at both the facility and community levels. IM will build on progress made in malaria service delivery by focusing on the following areas of work:
Provide high quality technical expertise and assistance to NMCP and ZAMEP for the development of policies, strategies, and implementation plans related to case management, malaria in pregnancy (MIP), and chemoprevention Strengthen case management and MIP prevention by supporting the implementation and/or planning and data use of Malaria Service Delivery and Quality Improvement (MSDQI) in public and private health facilities in selected districts
Recommended For You
- New Tanroads Jobs 2020 SIMIYU, July 2020
- Government Jobs At Tunduru District, July 2020
- Embassy Of Sweden Tanzania Job, July 2020
Provide technical and implementation support for integrated community case management (iCCM), including development and rollout of training and supervision
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and results-driven Chief of Party (COP) to lead the implementation of the USAID/PMI-funded IMPACT MALARIA project, advancing progress in malaria service delivery. This COP will be responsible for ensuring technical rigor and the timely implementation of malaria service delivery activities in Tanzania. We are looking for candidates with significant leadership, management, and technical malaria experience.
As the Chief of Party you will be responsible for the overall development, management (financial, administrative, and programmatic), and representation of Impact Malaria. You will perform the following functions:
Technical Oversight of the Impact Malaria Project
- Provide regular updates to the PSI/Washington backstopping and core technical teams on technical implementation of activities.
- Ensure that activities are implemented according to technical guidance from USAID and global best practices.
- Coordinate technical assistance from sub-contractors to achieve work plan deliverables.
- Act as the project’s primary representative with the USAID Mission, international and regional partners, and host-country government officials.
- Foster relationships with the implementing partners of the PMI-funded interventions to maximize synergy.
- Represent PSI and all Impact Malaria partners in interactions with donors, government, NGOs, and private sector partners in Tanzania
Program Implementation, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Provide overall oversight of the project and maintain effective and regular communication with the Impact Malaria project management team, implementing partners, and government entities.
- In collaboration with the project technical team, develop project workplan and ensure performance indicators and targets are met, as well as timely completion of activities against workplan deadlines.
- Contribute to the development of quarterly/annual programmatic reports and weekly progress updates for the project.
- Assist the Impact Malaria project management team with the production and dissemination of knowledge products.
Personnel, Financial, and Administrative Management
- Supervise project technical staff, including the Senior Malaria Technical Advisor, technical line managers, administrative and finance staff, ensuring that they are successfully managing project activities and achieving deliverables.
- Oversee compliance with the goals set in the contract and with USAID regulations and PSI policies and systems.
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic, budgeting, spending, projections and monitoring of payments.
- Ensure recruitment and performance management of all Impact Malaria staff in country
- Assist the PSI Tanzania Country Representative with other duties as necessary
- You have a medical degree, or a Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, or related degree.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in managing or implementing USAID projects of similar scope, and preferably in Africa.
- You have at least seven years of supervision experience.
- Experience and technical knowledge in malaria and/or infectious disease programming.
- Ability to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and nongovernmental actors and institutions across sectors.
- You have at least eight years of experience living or working in a developing country.
- You have demonstrated strong leadership, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- You have demonstrated experience working with host country government. You are fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- References will be required.
What would get us excited?
- Strong skills and experience in all aspects of program cycle management – design and development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation. Demonstrated technical expertise in malaria case management Proven coaching, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Outstanding English and Kiswahili-language skills, both spoken and written. Excellent knowledge of U.S. Government approaches and regulations.
- Minimum of seven years management experience on large, complex, and multifaceted donor-funded projects.
How to apply:
Application for the positions must include:
Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day -time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
Send you application to [email protected] in MS Word or PDF file. Indicate the name of position on the subject line of your email. PSI Tanzania Jobs 2020, Chief Of Party
Application will be considered valid, if sent/received before 1700hrs, Wednesday, 05th August, 2020. Please note that only short -listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted.