We are seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following position below:
JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER JOB– (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Regional Project Director for East Africa, the successful candidate will be responsible for Implementing and Overseeing projects by taking lead in planning, coordinating and controlling project activities to ensure that projects are completed to specification, within established time frames and budgets, and in line with the Hospital’s strategic plan.
- Develop and manage detailed project schedules and work plans in line with specified project scope and objectives.
- Manage contracts with consultants and contractors.
- Manage direct client procurement program with consultants/ contractors and vendors and suppliers to ensure expected deliverables as per agreed upon timelines.
- Effective project monitoring, evaluation and timely reporting of deliverables.
- Direct technical and feasibility studies including site investigations by liaising with respective consultants to deliver detailed geotechnical reports for specific sites for new construction projects.
- Ensuring Project quality and workmanship by controlling and maintaining quality of concrete used on site, verification of materials as per project construction drawings and specifications and inspection of reinforcement, formwork, and all finishing works.
- Responsible for overall construction safety management
- Oversee contractor’s/site compliance to applicable statutory requirements i.e. OSHA, NEMO etc
- Carryout necessary safety checks in line with the Hospital’s policies
- Develop and design detailed drawings for construction works in liaison with the engaged consultants.
- Prepare project budgets in liaison with Regional Director of Projects for East Africa and the Finance department, advice on project costing and ensure adherence to the budget.
- Coordinate regular project meetings with all parties involved and ensure effective follow ups on open issues.
- Develop ongoing project update reports for the Steering Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering/ Architecture.
- 5 years’ work experience in Project Management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Projects/ AutoCAD and Revit.
- knowledge and understanding of Construction safety and Contractor safety management
- Knowledge of the techniques, procedures and processes used for the efficient operation of building services and construction practices.
- Working knowledge of Building MEP systems.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.