Project Manager At VSO Tanzania | May 2020
- Bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Business Administration, Education or other equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience of managing education projects with a particular focus primary education, school managements and child centred teaching methodologies among teachers.
- Demonstrated experience of applying project cycle management practices at a project or community level.
- Demonstrated success at networking and partnership development
- Proven experience in financial management, including budgeting, monitoring and managing expenditure
- Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate others within a team
- Demonstrated ability at successfully monitoring and evaluating projects
- Evidence of leadership skills including handling complex situations to an effective conclusion.
- Oral and written fluency in English, with confidence in communicating to a wide range of audiences
- IT literate (Microsoft packages)
- Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility.
- Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure. Time management skills.
- Practical experience gained within an volunteering NGO context in Education and Youth Project
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values
- Experience and knowledge of project locatio
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO Tanzania promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO Tanzania reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy(PDF).