Project Coordinator at Sightsavers March, 2021
- Location: Singida, Tanzania
Sightsavers Tanzanian Country Office is seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to provide valuable leadership and operational oversight for the implementation of the Child Blindness (MTOTO Angaza) Project, this is a USAID funded project focusing on improving the availability and accessibility of quality eye health services for children, in and out of schools in Manyoni, Iramba, Ikungi and Singida Rural districts of Singida Region.
As the Project Coordinator you will lead the planning and implementation of the MTOTO Angaza (Child Blindness Eye Health project) activities in collaboration with the regional and district eye health coordinators and project-based partners. You will provide timely support and work with the Singida Regional authority, and other project partners, and that partners are reflecting programme quality and adhering to Sightsavers and donor reporting standards.
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES TO APPLY:-
- Ajira Mpya Tanzania Leo | Nafasi Za Kazi 2021 | Jobs In Tanzania 2021
- Project Manager Jobs At Salvation Army, March 2021
- 57 Transfer Job Opportunities At Institute of Rural Development Planning
- 12 Job Opportunities At Amana Bank Tanzania
The Project Coordinator will ensure that the project is embracing the Theory of Change and aligns with government health services and environmental guidelines, that there is a gender sensitive lens and work towards gender equity during the undertakings of the activities, and ensure that we are appropriately accountable to the regional AND district local governments of the FOUR targeted districts and comply with the donor and government requirements as deemed necessary.
Further duties of the Project Coordinator include;
- Developing and maintaining an effective partnership with all implementing partners (Regional and local authorities)
- Ensuring that project partners are supported to deliver high quality project outputs on a timely basis.
- Organizing quarterly and annual review meetings/workshops to coordinate project implementing partners and encouraging networking and collaboration amongest implementing partners.
- Assessing performance against agreed project objectives, indicators, and standards/ approaches.
- Identifying research opportunities and documenting lessons learned from monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment and dissemination findings.
- Ensuring accurate, sufficient, and timely flow of information and progress reports (narrative and financial) to the country office.
- Developing annual operational plans and managing the budget allocated to the project ensuring that agreed results are delivered in time and within the budget available.
- Ensuring that partners submit timely funding requests and financial returns.
- Participate in all PR activities within Tanzania.
As the successful candidate you will possess a Degree (or equivalent) in a related field, have a background in managing social development related projects and experience of health and social programming in partnership with government. You will also have skills and experience in all aspects of project management in donor supported initiatives, have an understanding of working with Regional and District Health Management Teams and will have previously worked with projects managed thought partners.
The above details are not an exhaustive list of principle accountabilities or requirements, for the complete list please read the full Job Description here of this position.
Closing date: 21 March 2021
CV’s and Cover letters will not be considered in the application process.
Sightsavers works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society.
We are truly committed to creating an inclusive culture which values and recognises diversity as something that will only ever make an organisation better. We encourage anyone to apply who possesses the qualities and behaviours outlined or who believes they have the propensity to learn them fast. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team who welcome people from all backgrounds.
Sightsavers does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 March 2021