Project Accountant At PASADA Tanzania, December 2020. Overview: PASADA is a social service and health care faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services. Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA KIZAZI KIPYA PROJECT
PASADA Kizazi kipya is a 4 year project funded by USAID in which PASADA implements as a Sub grantee to PACT-Tanzania will be ending on 30th September 2021, In order to maintain high quality level services and to meet our clients’ and donor’s expectations, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to work on fixed job assignment for eight months, January 2021 to August 2021 to fill the following positions below:
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (1 post)
Job Title : Project Accountant
Reports to : PASADA Senior Accountant and Zonal Project Manager (Kinondoni, Kibaha and Chalinze)
Roles and Responsibilities
- To assist the project manager in coordinating and supervising all the financial functions of the program and the project. This shall include the timely preparation and submission of all program financial and accounting reports and documents including cash books, payment vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, budget compliance reports and any other financial reports that may be required by USAID Kizazi kipya project and to submit such reports to PASADA Senior Accountant in compliance with the reporting requirements of the kizazi kipya project
- To liaise with the Senior Accountant whenever required on transactions for review and subsequently posting to the system.
- To receive Requisition (Request) forms from Administrative Assistant/ Cashier/Procurement Officer for review and checking the accuracy and other compliance matters before tracking with budgets.
- To batch the transactions for payment through mobile payment platforms.
- To collaborate with Program staff to prepare cash projections monthly.
- To work with Assistant Accountant/Cashier on Cost Share filling and documentation.
- To advise the Senior Accountant on the formulation, review and implementation of policies that enhance the financial viability, effective cost management and optimized resource mobilization and utilization.
- To work closely with Cashier/ Assistant Accountant in handling retirements.
- To provide sufficient information to the Senior Accountant on retirements trends on weekly basis.
- To implement the existing internal financial controls of the organization and the project and to advise the Senior Accountant if additional controls are required
- To be proactive in the development and implementation of sound accounting and financial management systems and procedures for the organization for the organization based on standard accounting principles
- To coordinate all Zonal project finances and the preparation, implementation and control of the annual and any supplementary budgets of the Zone.
- To review purchase orders prepared by the project staff and to facilitate procurement of office supplies, equipments, furniture and services
- To ensure compliance with the procurement policies and guidelines of the organization and the Kizazi kipya requirements
- To maintain an up to date register of the assets and stores of the organization and to ensure proper accountability of the same including proper use and custody of the properties of the organization such as consumable office items and fuel to motor vehicles
- To ensure that the recommendations made or issues raised by the internal and external auditors are implemented or addressed without delay
- To cooperate with external auditors to ensure that within three months of the end of each financial year, draft accounts of the preceding financial year are submitted for audit
- Degree holder in accountancy
- Work experience in Donor funded Projects work for at least 3 years
- Experience in Various Accounting software packages for both International and local finance requirement including SERENIC Navigator, etc
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefit package, both positions offer a very attractive work schedule.
How to apply:
All applications letters should indicate the position and Council of interest on the envelope and if it is through email, then on the Subject, attached with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact should be sent NOT LATER than 29th December 2020, interested candidates are also encouraged to physically bring their application at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound., only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. The contact address is;
The deadline for submitting the application is 29th December, 2020.