Project Accountant 1 (PA1) at Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) October, 2020
Project Accountant 1 (PA1)
Duty Station: Arusha with occasional field travels
Department: FMS/RIPAT Pilot Project
Duration: Two Years (renewable)
Qualified females are encouraged to apply as well as persons from minority communities ADRA is an equal opportunity employer
The position exists to provide financial information on project performance and budgeting and by preparing monthly financial reports, review and capturing of all expenses to guide management decisions.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate records as per the laid down organization policies and procedures.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system and maintain all project related records.
- Ensure all payments are supported by the necessary documentation as per procedures.
- Secure project financial information by completing backups of documents so that financial information is not lost.
- Review and advice to the senior accountant/management supplier invoices related to a project.
- Establishes the processes and procedures on financial issues that include both project and Admin accounts and ensure accounting standards are maintained.
- Review and document time sheets and overhead charges to be applied to a project.
- Do all the bank/cash reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for posting journals into the accounting system and checks for errors on daily basis.
- Develops internal controls, processes, procedures and systems for the project and ensure its enforcement.
- Ensure project budgetary controls and investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
- Produce monthly financial statements to the management and to the donor.
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects.
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns and all statutory requirements related to project to the statutory bodies.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the management.
- Provides training to project staff on finance when necessary.
- Assists managers in preparation of project budgets/proposals.
- Assists in the financial monitoring and evaluation of field activities.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related subjects.
- 5 plus Years working experience in project accounting and budgeting
- Strong understanding of accounting standards and reporting
- MBA, CPA, ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Accountability and attention to details
- Analytical thinking
- Team work and cooperation
- Knowledge of accounting standards including project budgeting
- Essential Knowledge in the finance sector and in project accounting and budgeting.
- Demonstrates ability to manage project finances and make report to donors
- Demonstrates knowledge and or ability to plan, organize, and learn in a short time SunPlus software.
- Speaking and written proficiency in English and Swahili
- He or She must possess working knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and must be efficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Hand delivered and late submissions will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 09, 2020