Procurement Specialist; Governance & Compliance At NMB Bank PLC Tanzania
Job Title: Procurement Specialist; Governance & Compliance
Location: NMB Head Office
The primary purpose of this role is to perform procurement analysis/audit so as to ensure that, at all times, the Bank is in compliance with all relevant regulations and standards as well as agreements with partners.
- Facilitate procurement system integrity and compliance.
- Perform procurement analysis/audit, supporting the review of orders submitted and provide guidance to Purchasing personnel on any actions required to ensure the award is compliant to regulation and applicable Bank Policies.
- Conduct post award reviews periodically and support business functions in managing contract execution including timely renewals and termination of existing contracts.
- Proactively follow up and closure of statutory/external audit issues by ensuring timely implementation of agreed audit recommendations.
- Ensure vendor compliance with contractual SLAs and KPIs.
- Ensure vendor performance, monitoring, evaluation and appraisals are done on time and as per the Procurement Policy.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory changes to ensure compliance with appropriate statutes and regulations.
- Be procurement self-assessor and artefacts management with stakeholders.
- Attend supplier meetings as required and assist/manage vendor dispute resolutions.
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions for monitoring compliance and quality process in procurement department to ensure audit and other internal/external controls are followed at 100% compliance.
- Assist Contract Manager on all issues related to statutory internal and external audits.
- Review legal compliance of all vendors during pre-qualifications, EOI, RFIs and tender processes.
- Develop and implement category strategies with support from Contract Manager to manage internal and external compliance.
- Ensure proper documentation of all supplier commitments.
- Ensure supplier due diligence is performed before engagement and after engagement as the Policy and/or shall be requested
- Ensure quality contracts with vendors
- Managing procurement risk register
- Prepare and submit compliance status reports to management and other stakeholders on regular basis.
- Support preparation and development of compliance procedures, as appropriate.
- Ensure all records in vendor master file are correct and updated on timely basis.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of Bank’s sensitive information.
- Be the Management Tender Committee liaison including reviewing all papers before the meeting, taking minutes of the meetings as well as archiving.
- Knowledge of contract management, vendor management; ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to problems; strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; strong interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with other professionals; proficient computer skills
- Ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Flexible, self-starter; be able to work under pressure; manage priorities
- Innovative in problem solving.
- Ability to operate in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Law, Procurement, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Commerce, or Economics.
- Must be an advocate of the High Court and Subordinate Courts thereto.
- Must have relevant 5 years (minimum) of varied experience in contract management and/or procurement compliance management.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Application Deadline: 21st October 2020