Procurement Officer-1 Post. The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania and the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of social services (health and education) by the member churches in Tanzania. For 28 years, CSSC has been serving and coordinate a network of more than 900 church-owned health education facilities, including 105 large hospitals at Zonal, Regional and District/Council levels. In addition, CSSC coordinates a network of more than 1,000 church owned education facilities. Majority of these church health and education facilities are located in remote and rural areas where 70% of the Tanzanian population reside in those areas.
CSSC has been awarded a 5-years Grant by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement “Pamoja Tuwekeze Afya” – (PATA) Activity. The award intends to establish self-reliant health facilities (HFs) and improve health service delivery
by the CSSC network of church based HFs in meeting the health needs of the target population. Through cost-effective and innovative solutions, the PATA Activity will strengthen the CSSC’s capacity to deliver quality services in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent health (RMNCAH), HIV/TB services and other health related areas. The PATA Activity has got two major components;
Component one: Create a network of financially and managerially sustainable HFs and a self-reliant Medical and commodity supply chain Company and Component Two: Improve staff skills and retention at HFs and improve their capacity to provide a continuum of quality care of RMNCAH and HIV/TB services.
In view of the above, CSSC is hereby seeking applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill-in the following vacant positions.
Title: Procurement Officer-1 Post
Report to: Executive Director
Location: Dar es salaam
The Procurement officer will provide technical and administrative support to the CSSC core function and Programmes in procurement of goods and services and within the organization. He/she will ensure that the procurement is done in accordance and compliance to the organization and donor policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Commission’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are adhered to in regards to procurement;
- Oversee preparation of procurement documentation (e.g. ToR, Commission procurement plan, tendering documents, specifications, etc.);
- Ensure that all final procurement related documentations are prepared in accordance with relevant procurement regulations and guidelines;
- Prepare the Commission’s Annual Procurement plan, and update it on a quarterly, basis
- Ensure that tender evaluations are carried out according to appropriate procurement procedures and guidelines;
- Review and update the procurement manual, policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance of Programmes and core function with its related activities to prevent illegal or improper conduct;
- Follow-up and process tax exemption requests with donors, revenue authority and respective government agencies;
- Negotiate service contracts for equipment and service provision as necessary;
- Maintain suppliers’ database; manage procurement and inventory functions
- Receive all bids and proposal and ensure they are well secured / kept
- Act as a Secretary to the Procurement Committee
- Assist with planning and budgeting for projects and Commission’s operations, equipment procurement and supplies;
- Liaise with internal and external implementing partners on procurement issues;
- Provide continuous and effective procurement support to the Head office and zonal offices.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement and logistics Management, Business Administration (BBA) – and preferably with Certified Supplies Professional (CSP)
Experiences and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in procurement and supplies management
- Preferable experience working with an established NGO/FBO
- Experience of working with donor funded programs is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work independently whilst maintaining effective communication at all levels
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivation letter and copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All correspondence MUST reach CSSC before 1600hrs November 27th 2020 and channeled through the following email address:
- Kindly visit cssc.or.tz for the detailed posts with duties, responsibilities, required qualification, experience and skills
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.