Procurement and Logistics Officers (2 POSTS) At CPB. The Cereals and Other Produce Board of Tanzania (CPB) is a Government institution established through the Cereals and Other Produce Act No. 19 of 2009 to provide for promotion and development of cereals and other agricultural produce and to provide for other related matter. According to the act, the main function of the Board is to carry out commercial activities and such other activities as are necessary, advantageous or proper for the development of the cereals and other produce industry.
CPB Headquarters is located in Dodoma at Central Business Park, Mbugani area along VETA Road. Currently, CPB offices outside Dodoma operate in seven Branch offices as follows: Eastern (Dar es Salaam City in Dar es Salaam Region), Southern (Mtwara Municipality in Mtwara Region) Southern Highlands (Iringa Municipality in Iringa Region), Northern (Arusha City in Arusha Region) Western (Kigoma Municipality in Kigoma Region), Lake (Mwanza City in Mwanza Region) and Central (Dodoma City in Dodoma Region).The Headquarters is responsible for providing Branch Offices with technical and professional support, establishing standards, systems and procedures for resources management, utilization, capacity building, coordinating the Board’s technical services, monitoring and evaluating the performance of field operations. All operational matters of the CPB are handled at the Branches, and that the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
CPB is seeking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions below and work as part of a team that meet the expectations of the CPB….
Position: Procurement and Logistics Officers (2 POSTS)
- Holder of Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Material Management, Supplies, Procurement or its equivalent from a recognized Institution and registered by a recognized Procurement and Supplies Professional Board. She/he must possess a CSP
Duties and Responsibilities
- To make follow up on receiving, storing and distribution of all stock items;
- To maintain a location index system in the store;
- To issue approved tendering and contract documents;
- To manage an archive records of the procurement and disposal process;
- To maintain a list or Register of all contract awarded;
- To maintain an updated inventory of goods, supplies and materials;
- To assist in the process of procurement tenders as per approved Board policies and procedures;
- To maintain records for each local purchase order;
- To follow up supply contracts and ensures contracts are honoured.
Method of Application
All applications must be sent by using the following address; Director General, Cereals and Other Produce Board,
Central Business Park, Mbugani Area, 24 VETA Street,
Email address: [email protected]
All applications sent through email should have all the required documents scanned in pdf format and attached.
Closing date for receiving application 30th June, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
CEREALS AND OTHER PRODUCE BOARD.