Principal Research Development Officer At EAC. The East African Community (EAC) is the regional intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the Republic of Burundi and the Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Kiswahili Commission.
PRINCIPAL RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Reports to: Deputy Executive Secretary (Projects and Programs)
Station: East African Kiswahili Commission Secretariat Headquarters, Zanzibar, URT
Main Purpose of the Job:
To initiate and facilitate collaboration in regional research and assist Partner States to develop centers of study and research in Kiswahili
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiating, assisting and encouraging the development of Kiswahili in Partner States and beyond (regionally and internationally
- Initiating and facilitating research and studies in Kiswahili related Programmes
- Coordinating research in Kiswahili studies and disseminate the research findings to Partner States
- Supporting and facilitating Partner States institutions involved in Kiswahili research and promotion
- Promoting collaboration in regional research and assist Partner States develop centers of advanced study and research in Kiswahili
- Assisting Partner States keep abreast of new developments in Kiswahili
- Developing Kiswahili as a regional language expressing and conveying positive African values with respect to issues of gender equity, human rights and democracy
- Promoting the exchange of staff and students among Kiswahili institutions
- Undertaking relevant studies to facilitate policy development in the specific sectors of the Commission
- Ensuring timely preparation of the required departmental work plans and reports
- Enhancing a positive corporate culture and image of the Commission
- Undertaking such other activities meant to further the Commission’s objectives as may be decided from time to time
Minimum Requirements of the Job:
A Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social Administration, Linguistics or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University
- At least ten (10) years of experience, of which five (5) should be at Senior Level in a relevant field,
- Proven experience as a Researcher and;
- Experience in Program Planning, Implementation, coordination, monitoring and Evaluation
Skills and Competencies:
Strong administrative and organizational skills, excellent writing and communication skills in Kiswahili and English, ability to coordinate research and ability to work in a multi- cultural/diverse environment.
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training, and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records. Principal Research Development Officer At EAC