Principal Human Resource Officer At EAC. The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social, and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade, and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat.
PRINCIPAL HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
Organ: EAC Secretariat
Directorate: Human Resources and Administration
Department: Human Resource Management and Development
Reports to: Director, Human Resources and Administration
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job:
To initiate, formulate and manage Human Resource Management and Development policies and strategies that will enable the Community to attract, develop and retain high quality human resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, formulate and manage human resource management and development Policies and Strategies for the Community;
- Design and maintain internal administrative and staff performance appraisal and monitoring systems;
- In liaison with the relevant officers, draw up Terms of Reference and Job Descriptions for Community jobs;
- Advise on the enforcement of Staff Rules and Regulations;
- Coordinate periodic staff performance appraisal/evaluation exercises;
- In liaison with the Planning Directorate, monitor Staff Performance Contracts;
- Coordinate the selection and recruitment of staff in accordance with the established rules, procedures and practices;
- Manage recruitment and placement standards, procedures, and practices;
- Handle matters relating to terms and conditions of service in conformity with the established Rules and Regulations;
- In liaison with the Finance Directorate, direct payroll management;
- Initiate budget proposals for the HR Department;
- Prepare progress reports and follow up on the implementation of Council decisions; and
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the Community.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Masters Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration and Management, Business Administration, Law or a related field.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in HR management, development and administration with 5 years at senior level.
Skills and Competencies:
Analytical skills, administrative skills, organization skills, communication skills, decision-making skills, negotiation skills, team building skills, networking skills, result oriented skills, supervisory skills, management skills, leadership skills, research skills, good computer skills, meeting tight deadlines, ability to work under minimum supervision, innovativeness, problem-solving, performance management, working in a multi-cultural environment and managing diversity.
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training, and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records. Principal Human Resource Officer At EAC