Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
We own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
Position: Portfolio Management Office -Officer
Location: Absa House – ABT
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Driving and shaping demand development with business stakeholders, formulating a firm demand pipeline based on agreed solutions to business requirements and aspirations .To support the business in successful planning of a complex Portfolio of change, including resource management, financial planning, release management and delivery scheduling.
PRESENTATION AND MANAGEMENT INFORMATION
- Tracking and reporting the project status. Accurately and timely development of presentations and reports to respective steercos & forums
- Establishing and ensuring that robust portfolio and program level reporting is in place and understood
- Accurately and timely produce reports to Change office , Accountable Executive, Sponsor, Steerco and Business Committee to identify the status of the project in terms of milestones, key achievements and risks
- Ability of identification and managing oversight of processes to manage risks associated and monitor relationships including lessons learned and the feedback from business change teams
- Effective business change by building relationships with and between senior strategists, planners, designers and operational business partners
- Initiates procedures to improve relations and open communications with and between stakeholders
- Participate in the Team Status Update meetings
- File Master Project documentation
- Prepare the Quality Plan in line with Product Life cycle Management Framework
- Ensure that documents saved on the shared folders with correct naming conventions and version control
- Maintain and update the project library regularly including Planex
Ensure all documentation is correctly organised
SUPERVISION OF THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE AND RESOURCE/FINANCE MANAGEMENT
- Managing project budgets and proactively reporting any issues to the right stakeholders
- Work with project manager in developing financial aspects of the business case.
- Ensure that Benefits Realization is actively managed throughout the life cycle of the project and post-project until the benefits review has been completed.
- Collaborate with project manager to identify, quantify and document financial benefits to be achieved by the project for input into the business case.
- Ensure that Program Office deliverable on financial aspect are well articulated and align with the finance and business strategy.
- Ensure that PMO budget is clearly defined and obtained respective approvals.
- Responsible for making sure that approved BOW is delivered per agreed budget and timelines. Any deviations are escalated timely on the right forums
- Coordinate with local and centre finance on the projects financial management aspect
- Manage the change request process to ensure costs are correctly allocated from the budget or contingency
- Obtain the necessary sign-off for change requests
- Report to the project/program Executives on the financial status of the project
- Ensure Change Approval Meetings (CAM) requests are attended timely
- Make sure Planex is updated weekly with project status along with budget review
- Basic knowledge of Transfer Pricing guidelines and adherence
- Ensure Office equipment and facilities are available and in a good working order
- Ensure that the roll-on and –off procedures for staff are adhered to
- Communicate to the team on relevant topics
- General administration for the project
- Well managed project office with easily accessible information
PROJECT RISK GOVERNANCE & CONTROL
- Ensures that the PMO put in place appropriate governance to ensure that the Bank’s technical, risk and other standards and compliance requirements are met and that the portfolio governance framework is comprehensively defined and firmly embedded across all areas of the portfolio
- Ensuring that all projects comply with the appropriate change management framework and measures
- Responsible for assisting the Programme Office in undertaking Project Assurance/Health reviews on project manager
- Responsible for project/programme Change Control
- Identify risks and/or dependencies and escalate these to the Programme Manager where appropriate
- Ensure that the correct associated impact and probability scoring is given to each Risk and Issue and that the associated mitigating actions are identified and tracked appropriately
- Responsible for consolidation of all in-country project activity and issuing reports to key stakeholders, Product owners, Accountable Executive , and all staff involved with change through Working Groups, Steerco and Team meeting
- Strong analytical/problem solving mind-set but with the ability and willingness to get into the details to find solutions.
- stakeholder management skills, with the ability to inform business decisions
- Responsible for reporting deviance in cost and time against the established project baseline.
- Acts as a point of reference for Country Portfolio Manager, Central PMO and Change community for any regional activity currently ongoing.
- Responsible for the adherence and definition where required of best practice change standards, tools and processes to optimize the delivery of governance of change.
- Support the Program Manager with project activities
- Responsible for assessing the impacts of new change against the existing planning portfolio.
- Responsible for production of Program level plans run locally.
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)