Plant Artisan / Operator – Blow Molding
Pyxus International, of which Pyxus Agriculture Tanzania Limited (PAT) is a subsidiary, is a global agricultural company united behind a common purpose – to transform people’s lives so that together we can grow a better world.
With 145 years’ experience delivering value-added products and services to businesses and customers, we are a trusted provider of responsibly-sourced, independently-verified, sustainable and traceable products and ingredients.
Pyxus Agriculture Tanzania Limited is in the process of acquiring an Edible Oil mill and Refinery in Dodoma as part of its diversification strategy and is now recruiting for key positions for this venture. The successful applicants will be sitting in the engine of growth as we shape our future together.
The job provides information to oversee and manage the full PET bottle production process, to monitor equipment to ensure the efficiency, effectiveness of the the Air compressors, Air receivers, Air Driers, Chillers, 3 & 5kgs blowers, 1 kg blowers and conveyors to minimize the losses hence achieve the expected yield. Also responsible for the safe operation, basic maintenance, hygiene of the plant and troubleshooting of the facility’s equipment and instruments in compliance with TFDA, TBS and international Standards for food packaging process; Participate in Mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting and modifications of mechanical components.
- To manage packaging plant to achieve plant efficiency and intended targets in line with packaging Standard Operating Procedures
- To Monitor the bottle production processes and ensure the quality of bottle produced achieve optimal rate of production.
- Implementation of the off season and on season maintenance plan, reduces down time, coordinates installation and repairs of all mechanical equipment and machinery.
Who you are and what you’ve done:
- CBA level 3 in Electromechanical/Mechanical
- Diploma/NTA level 5 in Electromechanical/Mechanical
- Product Conveying, PET bottle blowing, PET bottle filling systems with 1 to 2 years
- Pumps, Compressors, Chillers, Driers experience in similar environment
- Oil packaging experience in similar environment with 1 to 2 years in a senior position
- Electromechanical/mechanical Engineering, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Compressors, chillers & driers maintenance
- PET bottle blowing, Automatic filling machines maintenance
- Budget control
- Technical drawing and project management
- Computer literacy
- Health, Safety and Security
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage work teams and achieve objectives
- Verbal and written English and Swahili and ability to prepare and present relatively complex situations
- Ability to plan the work program and identify critical objectives and issues for the on and off season
- Quality control and Troubleshooting skills
Method of Application
Please send your Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of three referees o the below address, no later 20th August 2020
The Human Resources Director
Pyxus Agriculture Tanzania Limited
P.O. Box 1595