Photographer of the Year 2021 is open for entries from 1 January 2021 and entries may be submitted from January to May. The month of June is set aside for judging before the winners are announced in early July 2021.
Entries will compete for the following coveted titles:
- The overall winner – 2020 Photographer of the Year
- The first runner-up;
- The second runner-up;
- The top highly commendable finalists;
Entries must encompass the Celebration of Africa!
PRIZE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2021
Entrants compete for the coveted title of 2021 Photographer of the Year. Entries open on 1 January 2021 and close at midnight on 31st May 2021. June is set aside for final judging and the winners will be announced in early July 2021.
1. CASH PRIZES OF USD10,000
The winner will receive a cash prize of USD5,000 and the two runners-up will receive a cash prize of USD2,500 each
2. SAFARI PRIZES
On safari in the Khwai Private Reserve, Botswana with our CEO
The overall winner (plus partner) and the two runners-up (plus their partners) will enjoy a group safari with our CEO Simon Espley and his wife Lizz.
This ultimate private safari will include 5 nights all paid in Khwai Private Reserve, Botswana in two of Natural Selection’s camps – Hyena Pan and the 5-star Tuludi. This group of eight will enjoy two nights at Hyena Pan, with exclusive access to their fantastic sunken photographic hide and three nights at Tuludi.
Khwai Private Reserve is a 200,000-hectare pristine wilderness of floodplains, natural pans and forests of mopane and leadwood trees – teeming with wildlife. The reserve borders the Moremi Game Reserve to the south, and Chobe National Park to the east – both of which are part of the larger Okavango Delta World Heritage Site. Our winners will explore this stunning area on game drives, bush walks, mokoro (subject to water levels) and in the underground photo hide, and the emphasis will be on experiencing a safari like few get to do. Expect a few surprises along the way…
This sojourn with other talented photographers is likely to have them reminiscing for the rest of their lives! Read about previous winner safaris here: 2019 and 2018 (the 2020 safari has been delayed due to Covid-19).
Dates (five nights): Arriving 26th October, and departing 31st October, 2021.
Transport: Winners must organise their own transport to and from Maun International Airport in Botswana, and overnight costs in Maun (if required).
Costs: Africa Geographic will pay for all costs of this safari once the group members arrive in Maun for departure to Khwai – excluding gratuities and items of a personal nature.
PANEL OF JUDGES
- The judging panel is made up of the Africa Geographic editorial team.
- Only entries that are of African wildlife, landscapes, and/or culture will be accepted.
- Entries can be submitted from Friday, 1 January 2021 until midnight (CAT) on Monday , 31 May 2021.
- Entrants must submit photos via the online entry form.
- By entering the Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year 2020 participants confirm that they have read and agree to the rules of the competition.
The selection process administered by the judges will be as follows:
- The ‘Weekly Selection’ will be the top entries submitted via our website and Instagram page. This selection will be published at the end of each week on our website as a gallery and in an album on Facebook;
- During the month of June 2021, once the submission deadline has come and gone, the judges will judge all accumulated entries from the Weekly Selections, gradually reducing the number of qualifiers to a list of ‘Finalists’, from which the winners will be selected and announced in July 2021;
For more information Visit official webage Africa Geographic Photographer Of The Year 2021