PhD Research Fund Scholarship. Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE), a constituent college of the University of Dar es Salaam through “Strengthening In-service Teacher Mentorship and Support” project, invites applications for a research funding scholarship from qualified PhD candidates employed as academic staff in the
University of Dar es Salaam.
The project scholarship is funded by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) of Canada. Candidates should be studying in a credible university both within and outside Tanzania in the field of Education. Preference will be given to PhD candidates researching on teacher mentorship and support professional development for Mathematics teachers or any other related field.
Eligibility For PhD Research Fund Scholarship
- Applicant must have completed his/her PhD coursework or be in process of developing a research proposal for those doing PhD by thesis.
- Applicant must submit a research proposal that demonstrates interdisciplinary methodological skills and relevance to the project, particularly mentorship and support professional development for Mathematics teachers.
- Applicant should suitably be citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania regardless of ethnicity, age, disability and gender. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Application process of UDSM PhD Research Fund Scholarship
Applicants should submit the following:
- A recommendation letter preferably from his/her supervisor
- A short proposal (maximum 5 pages) describing the candidates proposed PhD research
- A two pages CV, and
- A proof of demonstrated need for research funding.
Submissions should be made electronically to the project Principal Investigator via [email protected]. Application deadline is 30th August, 2021 at 23:00 Hours East African Time.
Selection process and scholarship amount
Proposals will be selected based on the alignment of the proposed research with the project themes. Successful candidates will receive a total of Tshs. 15,000,000/= scholarship fund to cover fieldwork and other expenses in support of their PhD research.
Successful candidates will be notified about the outcomes of their applications by 30th September, 2021.
For further inquiries, contact:
Dr. Katherine Fulgence
Project Principal Investigator
Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE)
Mobile phone: +255785362989