JOB TITLE: Personal Assistant
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
GIZ is looking to fill the position of Personal Assistant to the Country Director at the GIZ Office Dar es Salaam.
The personal assistant is responsible for
- managing the Country Director’s communications with local and international counterparts; GIZ German headquarters and with German external clients
- acting as focal point in liaison with the German Embassy and the German institutions in Tanzania on one hand, and Tanzanian Official Institutions on the other
- daily operational performance of all administrative tasks for the country director and in liaising with the entire office
- manages incoming and outgoing correspondence
- organises and participates in internal and external meetings and workshops
- interprets and translates as required
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- university degree in office management/administration or similar area
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position within GIZ or other German development organization (e.g. KfW)
- at least 3 years experiences of working for GIZ and solid knowledge of its systems, policies and structures
- in-depth understanding and insight knowledge of GIZ and German development cooperation
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- proficiency in the GIZ internal IT systems
- language skills: excellent spoken and written English, German and Kiswahili
- good intercultural understanding Applications:
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to [email protected].
Please use the subject line “Personal Assistant”.
Closing date for submission: 11.02.2021 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.