The Tanzania Atomic Energy Commission (TAEC) is Government Institution established
under the Atomic Energy Act No. 7 of 2003. The Commission has been mandated to regulate and supervise the use of Atomic Energy and Nuclear Technology so as to protect workers, patients, the public and the environment from harmful effects of both Ionizing and Non-Ionizing Radiation.
Job Opportunity At Tanzania Atomic Energy Commission (TAEC)
The following below are the available vacancies:-
POST: RESEARCH ASSISTANT – 1 POST
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in performing research activities such as proposal writing, data collection, analysis and publishing of research findings;
- To assist in attracting research funds through various activities including writing fundable research proposals and creation and maintaining of linkages;
- To assist in formulating and implementing programs for the training of persons to be qualified experts in areas such as the development and practical applications of atomic energy, nuclear technology and the use of radiation sources and radiation protections;
- To assist in conducting consultancy services;
- To assist in performing Atomic Energy functions related to regulatory or promotion of peaceful use of radiation, nuclear science and technology; and
- To perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree with a minimum of upper second class in one of the following fields: Food Science, Food Technology, Food Safety or any related food science discipline in food processing, preservation, packaging or storage from any recognized higher learning institutions which are justified by TAEC. Candidates with Food Irradiation Technology will be given higher priorities.
REMUNERATION: PRSS 1
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 September 2021.