Call for the application on the One Ocean Hub Deep Emotional Engagement Programme (DEEP) Fund 2021. The Hub has initiated the Deep Emotional Engagement Programme (DEEP) Fund to commission artistic responses that capture connections with the sea and extend local creative economies.
The DEEP Fund supports creative projects that communicate emotional bonds with the sea to a wide audience including policy and decision makers, researchers, businesses and the public at large. The Hub currently invites proposals to the second round of the DEEP Fund. They welcome applications for cultural heritage and/or art-based projects in Namibia, Ghana, Solomon Islands and Fiji.
The format of projects is entirely open, including, but not limited to: visual art, performing art, music, sound art, dance, filmmaking, animation, digital art, fashion, literature, poetry, spoken word, craft, indigenous knowledge and customary practices.
- Available project funding ranges between £5,000 and £20,000, although in exceptional circumstances this amount may be increased. Projects will be expected to last between 6 and 12 months, from commissioning to deliverables and final reporting.
- Projects must be based in Namibia, Ghana, Solomon Islands or Fiji.
- Projects must be conducted by individuals, collectives, non-government organisations, community sector groups or not-for-profit civil society.
Proposals that are not eligible:
- Projects aimed at offsetting a deficit, repaying a debt or paying interest.
- Projects sustaining ongoing activities with recurring costs.
- Projects financing permanent working spaces and/or equipment, exclusively.
- Projects financing capital works, physical construction or the restoration of buildings.
- Projects affiliated with government agencies or political parties.
- Projects affiliated with commercial businesses and/or advertising campaigns.
- Projects that are environmentally hazardous or destructive.
- Projects that require funds for non-ODA country based artist and/or researcher costs and expenses.
One Ocean Hub strongly encourages proposals that move beyond creative response for its own sake and align with the research objectives of the Hub. They are particularly interested in projects that bring together diverse collaborators including artists, researchers, indigenous knowledge holders and civil society. Projects should be community based and co-produced with a focus on empowering women and youth.
How to Apply One Ocean Hub Deep Emotional Engagement Programme (DEEP) Fund 2021.
For more information, visit One Ocean Hub.