NSFAS Online Application University Of Limpopo. National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS). The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a loan and bursary scheme operating in terms of Act 56 of 1999 and funded by the National Department of Education.
NSFAS has been established to assist academically deserving and financially needy South African students to achieve their academic goals at tertiary institutions. It offers low interest rates and up to 40% of the value of the loan will be converted into a bursary should the student pass all courses registered in the year funding was obtained.
NSFAS Online Application University Of Limpopo 2022/2023
- South African citizens
- A financially needy student
- A student who demonstrates potential for academic success
- A student registered at a South African university/technikon, studying for a first tertiary educational qualification
- A student studying for a second tertiary qualification if it will enable the student to practice in a chosen profession eg HDE
How much can a student get:
NSFAS determines the minimum and maximum award annually. Please enquire at the Financial Aid office for the current limits. A person will, however, be expected to make a contribution towards the total cost of your studies, i.e Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
The size of the award is determined by the family income, according to the NSFAS Means Test.
Where to apply:
Application forms are obtainable from the Financial Aid Office.
- Registered students: Mid October
- First year students: Mid March
Documents which should accompany the application forms:
- Certified copy of ID document /passport of student / mother / father /guardian / wife /husband
- Original / certified copy of pay- slips / pension slip for both parents/guardian /spouse (these should not be older than three (3) months)
- In the case of deceased parents, attach certified death Certificates
- If parents are divorced, attach a copy of the decree of divorce
- If parents / guardian / spouse are self-employed, attach a copy of the latest financial statement
- If parents are unemployed, attach sworn affidavits accompanied by a report from a social worker , religious leader /traditional leader or Council
- An amount for income must be provided on all affidavits
- If parents are separated, attach pay-slips of both and an official letter from the social worker or religious leader confirming the separation
- Certified copy of previous degree or diploma certificate
- If you are currently in in-service training, attach pay – slip or provide the University with proof from your employer stating whether your study leave is paid or unpaid
- ID copies / birth certificates or letters from school of other family members
- Proof of registration for sibling at other tertiary institutions
For more information Visit NSFAS Online Application University Of Limpopo