NIT Joining Instructions 2021/2022 Download PDF. Please be informed that, you have been selected to join the National Institute of Transport (NIT) to pursue various programmes under Higher Education Student’s Loans scheme or Private Sponsorship. We wish you success in this challenging task as we warmly welcome you to the National Institute of Transport. You will pursue the programme identified in your letter of invitation to join the Institute. For NIT Fee Structure Download PDF file Here
- The National Institute of Transport is located along Mabibo Road behind TANZANIA – CHINA TEXTILE MILL (URAFIKI) Company about 10 kilometers from the City Centre.
- Your sponsor or guardian or yourself shall be responsible for your traveling expenses to and
from NIT throughout your studies.
- New students will only be admitted uponvproducing a satisfactory medical report of health fitness. You are therefore requested to undergo a medical examination by a registered and competent medical practitioner or from a Government Hospital before coming to the Institute. Medical Examination Forms are enclosed.
PRIVATELY SPONSORED STUDENTS
- All first year students Under Private Sponsorship (other than those under Higher Education Students’ Loan Board (HESLB) Scheme must fill in and submit Student’s Sponsorship Declaration Forms before being registered.
NIT Joining Instructions 2021/2022 Download PDF
The admission procedure
- Applicants should use the following link which is found in the NIT website: www.nit.ac.tz to apply on line
- Applicants should read and understand the guidelines and admission requirements
for the programmes they apply for.
- Applicants should ensure that, they have adequate information for the programmes ofbchoice taking into account the competition, subject passes in their form six examination and career aspiration
- Applicants holding foreign qualification should have their qualification validated and equated by the respective regulatory bodies before submitting the application for admission at the Institute.
The National Institute of Transport (NIT) is a public higher learning institution located on west of Dar-es-Salaam City, along Mabibo Road in Ubungo Light Industrial area; just about one kilometer off the Morogoro Road. NIT was established in 1975 as training wing of the then National Transport Corporation (NTC).
NIT was charged with the responsibility of strengthening human resource capabilities of transport operatives and middle level managers of subsidiary companies of NTC. These subsidiary companies were: National Bus Services Limited (KAMATA), Usafiri Dar-as-Salaam Limited (UDA), Regional Transport Companies (RETCOs) etc.
In 1982, it was realized that there was need to have an Institute that will cover all modes of transport. The Institute expanded its area of activities and responsibilities. As a result, NIT was re–established through NIT Act No. 24 of 1982 as an autonomous Higher Learning Institution under the then Ministry of Communications and Works.
It came into operation on 1st July, 1983 through the Government Notice No. 91. Currently, the Institute is under the Ministry of Transport. With legal status and the Governing Council was given a mandate to govern and administer the Institute. NIT Joining Instructions 2021/2022 Download PDF