NIT Admission Requirements 2020/2021. The National Institute of Transport (NIT) is a public higher learning institution located on west of Dar-es-Salaam City, along Mabibo Road in Ubungo Light Industrial area; just about one kilometer off the Morogoro Road. NIT was established in 1975 as training wing of the then National Transport Corporation (NTC).
NIT was charged with the responsibility of strengthening human resource capabilities of transport operatives and middle level managers of subsidiary companies of NTC. These subsidiary companies were: National Bus Services Limited (KAMATA), Usafiri Dar-as-Salaam Limited (UDA), Regional Transport Companies (RETCOs) etc.
In 1982, it was realized that there was need to have an Institute that will cover all modes of transport. The Institute expanded its area of activities and responsibilities. As a result, NIT was re–established through NIT Act No. 24 of 1982 as an autonomous Higher Learning Institution under the then Ministry of Communications and Works.
NIT Admission Requirements 2020/2021
The following below are admission procedure fro NIT
- Applicants should use the following link which is found in the NIT website: www.nit.ac.tz to apply online
- Applicants should read and understand the guidelines and admission requirements
for the programmes they apply for.
- Applicants should ensure that, they have adequate information for the programmes ofbchoice taking into account the competition, subject passes in their form six examination and career aspiration
- Applicants holding foreign qualification should have their qualification validated and equated by the respective regulatory bodies before submitting the application for admission at the Institute.
- Application should be done online through the following link which is found in the NIT Website: www.nit.ac.tz for Postgraduate Diploma and Master of Science in Logistics and Transport Management Programmes.
- For applicants for Master of Business Administration in Logistic and Transport Management should visit the website of Open University of Tanzania; www.out.ac.tz; for further instructions.
- A non-refundable application fee of Tshs.30,000/= for Tanzanian applicants and USD 25 for Non – Tanzanian applicants should be paid for the application
- All applications should be submitted online to the Institute not later than 31st October, 2020.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR CLARIFICATION
You may seek additional information through the following phone numbers and email address:
- Fax: +255222443140;
- Mobile: 0684757774;
- Mobile: 0766677874
- Mobile: 0782-422199;
- E-mail: [email protected]