NIG Research Internship Summer 2021 Program In Japan. National Institute of Genetics (NIG)/ Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI offers a research internship program for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to gain research experience in genetics and related fields in life sciences. Intern students will conduct independent research under the mentorship of a host investigator at NIG.You may read also EUI Policy Leader Fellowship 2021/2022 [€ 2,500 Per Month]
Our program includes training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to discuss with individual principal investigators. At the end of the program, participants will give a presentation on their experience as the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium”. NIG will issue a certificate to those who have successfully completed the program. Interns can also participate in various activities such as graduate program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars by outstanding researchers from inside and outside of NIG. Japanese language classes are also available.
Eligibility NIG Research Internship Summer 2021 Program In Japan
- Applicants must be interested in life sciences and be in the prefinal-year at the time of application, i.e. in the 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year master program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program. Students who are interested in enrolling in our PhD program at NIG are encouraged to apply.
- Because of a highly competitive selection process, applications from non-prefinal students and prefinal students of a PhD course are not considered.
Mode Of Application NIG Research Internship Summer 2021 Program In Japan
We accept applications only through the online application system. Please read “Application guideline” below carefully and follow the instructions.
- The online application system opens on November 26 and closes at noon on January 7, 2021 (Japan standard time, JST)
- Students interested in applying for this program must read, understand and agree to the conditions and requirements of the program.
- Due to the overwhelming number of applications, we do not reply to individual queries regarding this website, the selection status, and the results.
Financial Support NIG Research Internship Summer 2021 Program In Japan
NIG will cover costs of airfare, local transportation fares between airport in Japan and NIG, lodging in the institute’s guesthouse, and travel insurance during the program. Allowance for meals (ca. 1,500JPY/day, subject to change) will also be provided. You might interested with Call For One Planet Fellowship 2021
June 17 – July 28 , 2021
- NIG covers expenses for the designated period only. Requests for shorter or longer periods will not be considered.
- For any internship opportunity other than this program, please contact your potential host PI(s). In such cases, costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- There may be some changes due to the Olympic Games held in Japan.
- Due to the New Year’s holiday, our office will be closed from December 29, 2020 to January 3, 2021.