New Volunteering Opportunities at The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Programme – Project Officer
Duty station Zanzibar (TZA)
Start date Immediate
Duration 12 months with possibility of extension
|Under the direct supervision of the chief of Policy, Legislation and Governance section the NUNV will undertake the following tasks:
University degree in a relevant field, preferably in the area of urban and regional planning, political analyst, urban/public policy, urban and rural development, social science, environmental management, architecture or related international development fields
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in development
- Highest strategic thinking and creative thinking skills
- Has highest-level communication skills, including engaging and informative public speaking.
- Has highest people skills, and able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong writing skills
- Sound experience in proposal writing
- Strong presentation skills and ability to organize and moderate workshops
- Ability to understand and use web-based applications and platforms especially for data collection
- Good familiarity with basic computer programmes
Experience living or working in Zanzibar is desirable
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 28 September 2020