New UN Volunteer Opportunities at UNRCO Tanzania
Job Title: Graphics Design Associate
Host entity UNRCO
Country United Republic of Tanzania
Duty station Dar es Salaam (TZA)
Language skills English
Start date Immediate
Duration 12 months with possibility of extension
Application deadline 02 April 2020
- Layout and design of information and communication materials (i.e. banners, posters, booklets, newsletters, presentations, leaflets, books, reports, calendars, bulletins, flyers, cards, e-journals, infographics, factsheets, etc.) that are produced by the UNRCO and UN Communication Group (UNCG);
- Produce creative and innovative visual content to be used in communication of and advocacy for the SDGs (mainly to youth), UN Tanzania social media accounts, website, events, as well as other internal and external communication materials. This includes supporting with innovative ideas for the dissemination of the SDGs and the UN Business Plan within the UN Tanzania Compound.
- Support the dissemination of content on UN Tanzania website and social media accounts.
- Support documentation of field visits of various events through photography and videography.
- Improve and edit artwork, photos, charts and other graphic elements that are used by the UN.
- Contribute innovative design ideas for visual components of UN events coordinated by UNRCO and UNCG.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Creatively summarizing stories from Tanzanian and International media outlets for dissemination to UN agencies and development partners.
- Consultant Rheumatologist Job At Aga Khan Health Service Tanzania (AKHST) March 2020
- Assistant Accountant Jobs At ATS Tsebo Tanzania March 2020
- Country Director Job At Tearfund Tanzania March 2020
- New Job Vacancy Mwananchi Communications Limited March 2020
- Save The Children Job of Programme Assistant March 2020
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Business Information Technology, or any other related field.
- Up to 1 years professional experience. Prior experience in international organizations and knowledge of the SDGs is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in use of Adobe Creative Suite and other Graphic Design software.
- Experience in managing content for websites and social media platforms.
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in the work of the UN.
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- Communication skills
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Design Premium, In-Design, CorelDraw, web design tools such as Dreamweaver and Flash, etc;
- Knowledge of photography and ability to edit and work with photos.
- Show a clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements of a UN office.
- Experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and colour management.
- Demonstrable experience in designing publications such as newsletters; producing artwork for corporate products such as calendars, banners, etc.; producing artwork for social media platforms; editing videos and creating flyers for corporate events.
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms.
- Knowledge of standard software packages, including MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to work in a multicultural environment.
- Creativity in combining art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages
- Willingness to learn from others and work well in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the UN’s work in Tanzania is an advantage.
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to