New Job Vacancy At Shahidi Wa Maji
Finance and Administrative Officer (FAO), Morogoro, Tanzania. Competitive salary and benefits package. Closing date 15th September 2020.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with at least 5 years’ relevant experience managing organisational financial and administrative operations to support our next phase of development and impact. The post holder will be responsible for efficient day-to-day financial and administrative operations, ensuring effective systems are in place and providing timely support and analysis to our team, partners and Board of Trustees. A high level of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail are essential. If you have the experience, skills and energy to play your part in ensuring a water secure future for all Tanzanians, please apply.
Job Summary and Purpose
This is a new position within a people focused NGO, which will place the successful applicant at the heart of efforts to improve service delivery and resource governance for sustainable and inclusive development in Tanzania.
The successful candidate will be responsible for efficient day-to-day financial and administrative operations, for ensuring that the appropriate systems are in place, and that they are used effectively, and for providing timely support and analysis to our team, our partners and the Board of Trustees.
Key areas of responsibility include ensuring robust internal controls, managing financial system and implementing financial policies and procedures, as well as developing tools and systems to ensure compliance with Shahidi wa Maji policies, external donor requirements and Tanzanian legislation and regulations. The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for budgeting and budgetary
control, coordinating the annual and multi-year planning process as well as produce timely and accurate financial reports. Facilitating and coordinating audit activities, the post holder will lead the development of action plans based on audit recommendations, monitor and report progress on addressing these issues to the Director and the Board. This important role is essential to the smooth running of the team, providing timely financial, administrative and logistical support.
We are looking for someone who has a high level of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail in their work with the qualifications, experience, energy and confidence to evolve our dynamic NGO as a widely recognized agency for positive social, economic and environmental change – and water security for all – in Tanzania.
New Job Vacancy At Shahidi Wa Maji
Duties and responsibilities
The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for managing all financial and administrative activities contributing to the achievements of Shahidi wa Maji (SwM)’s overall objectives. S/he is responsible for efficient day-to-day financial and administrative operations, ensuring operations run smoothly for the team, our partners and the Board of Trustees to ensure value for money to
achieve maximum impact across the organisation’s work.
• Managing day-to-day financial operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable/grants claims, bank reconciliations, general accounting functions in line with recognized accounting
• Improving economy and efficiency across the organisation and ensuring a robust internal control environment, including through identification, development, implementation and enhancement
of relevant systems and processes.
• Coordinate with managers in the preparation of annual budgets, developing and strengthening budget monitoring, reporting and preparation of quarterly financial forecasts, management
reports, and statutory annual accounts, keeping the managers fully informed of significant financial issues and developments.
• Processing and preparing monthly accounts to the management and to the SwM Board of Trustees.
• Preparing and coordinating the charity’s financial reporting to donors and audits and ensuring recommendations are implemented as appropriate.
• Ensuring that accounting and administrative processes are understood and adhered to across the organisation.
• Ensuring that the charity is compliant with all legislation, guidelines, and best practice relevant to finance and taxation applicable to charitable organisations e.g. taxation.
• Ensuring compliance in submitting accounts, reports and other information to the NGO registrar and other such duties as required.
• Managing and supporting external stakeholder relationships including with banks, suppliers, landlord, accountants, and auditors.
• Working with budget holders to review performance against budget, providing financial advice, support or training to non-finance staff as required.
• Processing payroll on a monthly basis, ensuring salary payments are correct and timely.
• Develop and mainain effective working relationships with management and staff to understand their financial support requirements.
• Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as reasonably required.
• Managing the office and premises and lease. Applying Value for Money principles, maintaining/purchasing office furniture, equipment, and stationery, and managing relationships with suppliers
of services such as utilities, transport, telephones, stationery, cleaning, and postage/courier services.
• Providing administrative support in accordance with SwM rules and regulations, including assisting in and preparing bookings, bidding procedures, contracts of experts/ external consultants and
ensuring documentation of the procedures.
• Providing logistical support in line with project plans (workshops, training, scheduling, and organizing meetings and organizing travel logistics for project staff etc.).
• Ensuring that risk is managed according to the risk policy, and that the risk policy is regularly reviewed and updated, and the risk register is maintained.
• Managing SwM’s Information and Communications Technology and assets, so that ICT systems and teleconferencing facilities are secure, reliable, and work efficiently and that data protection
legislation is adhered to; ensuring that software is properly supported, and staff trained in its use.
• Overseeing paper and electronic filing systems and storage systems, ensuring these are used consistently across the organisation, that the data is accurate, well maintained, and easy to retrieve.
This includes all key correspondence, regular monitoring reports and compliance documents.
• Overall responsibility for ensuring that SwM staff are all conversant with internal policies and understand and comply with all relevant health and safety, fire prevention, and data protection;
Ensure fire prevention equipment is serviced regularly.
• Keeping up to date with Safeguarding and Health and Safety legislation and requirements, training and advising staff and partners.
• Keep abreast of trends and developments in finance and administration, identifying opportunities to improve existing SwM practices.
How to apply
All correspondence should be sent to [email protected] with ‘FAO – Shahidi wa Maji’ in the
subject line. Please provide a CV and cover letter in ONE single document. The cover letter should
be no more than two pages long, must explain why you want to work in this position, and should
clearly set out how your skills and experience match the profile described in the job description.
The CV should be no more than three pages long and should include the email addresses and
telephone numbers of two referees. Further details and how to apply here.
Applications which do not meet these specifications will not be considered.
Closing date: 17:00h EAT, 15th September 2020
Preliminary telephone interviews: Week of 21st September 2020
Selection day and final panel interviews: To be confirmed
Expected start: On or before 20th October 2020