New Job Vacancy At NOKIA, Passive Manager | April 2020
New Job Vacancy At NOKIA, Passive Manager, Ajira Mpya Tanzania 2020, Nafasi Za Kazi 2020. Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Read Also:- USAID Tanzania New 6 Job Vacancies April 2020
Job Title: Passive Manager
Job Family: Services – NW Operations & Maintenance
Job grade: 9
Job Specialty: Telecommunications
- To plan and to execute network operation and maintenance activities, in line with business requirements and procedures defined in Nokia Networks processes and procedures in order to achieve network availability and performance targets set by Customer and Nokia Networks. Operations goals are to prevent any avoidable downtime through adhering to preventive maintenance routines and taking proactive measures, assuring shortest possible reaction and remedy times, at lowest possible cost.
- Latitude: Support both OD and team members to achieve the business objectives. . Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy and meeting objectives. Extensive latitude for independent judgment.
Level of Impact:
- Budget: Impact result; failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious NW impact and considerable expenditure of resources.
Main Responsibility and Duties:
- To manage and govern SLA and KPI between Nokia and Subcons and Nokia and Airtel.
- To optimize technical solution for implementation & operations of critical Network Elements
- Leverage planning & operations verticals for an enhanced and effective Resource management.
- Supporting Field teams for improvement of Network performance.
- To ensure all reports and sign off are correct, submitted and signed off on time as per contract.
- Supporting subcons, Customer and ensuring all cases that need escalations, are escalated on time for resolution
- Support and manage of Active Field force team
- Understand business pains of customer & able to suggest proactively solutions benefiting customer & NSN business.
- Leading in Outage & Emergency faults in operational Network and get it resolved within SLA time
- Supporting team for competence development.
- Customer relationship with regular operational & technical / Informal meeting.
- Review & participate internal meeting for discussions related to failure reports & Technical notes
- Hardware spares dimension / management.
- Support vendors on planning the capacity management (Hardware / Software) sharing recommendation with Customer team.
- High Traffic management during festival session or special events.
- Statutory & Internal Audit of the entire network
- Implementation of global operational process & further suggestions to enhance same.
- Service Innovation.
- Mentoring and coaching of the team
Additional duties and responsibilities KPIs
- Adherence to Network KPI’s & SLA’s
- Organize, coordinate and execute field related projects within SLA
- Customer satisfaction
- follow-up of trouble tickets, WO and CR
- Generation of network status report
- Analyze statistical reports
- Experience on passive infra (DG, rectifiers, ATS, air condition maintenance and services is critical)
- People management skills
- Energy management (fuel and electricity)
- Working with subcons
- Knowledge of telecommunication industry
- More than 3 years’ experience in operating and managing passive infra networks
- Experience in communicating with different groups/teams.
- Ability to adapt to work in a multicultural environment
- Analytical and conceptual thinking, problem solving ability
- Collaboration skills
- Ability to lead & work in a multicultural environment
- End user / Customer service orientation
- Integrity and credibility.
- Good communication skills
- Self motivated and ability to motivate team
- University Degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Electronics science
- Able to operate in performance driven organization
- Knowledge of English and Kiswahili