Bongo Live is seeking an experienced and senior software engineer who will be working on projects and build features used by enterprises across the continent and beyond everyday. The work is challenging, fast-paced and always changing. You have strong analytical skills, are committed to quality, have a collaborative work ethic and cutting edge coding skills.
The successful candidate will report to technical project manager and will work with other engineers to build robust products to support substantial growth over the next three years. S/he will specifically be responsible for development pertaining to sms, ussd, airtime, ivr, chatbots, mobile KYC products and other platforms.
Culture, Career Growth and Development
At Bongo Live, our most valuable resource is our people, the work environment is generally friendly, casual yet professional and quite diverse. We also have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have regular feedback on your performance and monthly reviews. We set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow with a fast-paced growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
1. This is a full time or part time position
2. Location – Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
3. Open to all genders
4. Open to Tanzanian citizens.
5. Involves software development on new and existing products.
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent degree in the I.T field would be preferred, but not required. Your code portfolio/projects is as important, if not more, as academic qualifications
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to prioritise, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the Bongo Live mission.
- Ability to translate software requirements to working products and to effectively collaborate with colleagues who do not necessarily have technical backgrounds
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL databases.
- Experience with cloud platforms AWS, Azure etc.
- Frameworks/Utilities – ExpressJS, Node.JS, Yii, Android SDK, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Strong Integration experience with HTTP, XML, SOAP, JSON and other APIs
- Very comfortable with Git versioning control and Git development workflows.
- Good grasp of using docker, docker compose and docker hub
Read Also:- Pepsi Tanzania Notice For Fake Jobs 2020
WHAT WILL YOU DO ON A DAILY BASIS:
- Work closely with project managers and other engineers to implement versatile solutions to software projects within tight deadlines.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to complete assigned software development tasks
- Proactively communicate issues with team members and update project management tools/trackers.
- Actively draft technical documentation for the projects with which you work, doing so with online collaborative tools.
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Collaborate with mobile operators and other vendor technical teams