New Job Vacancies At Chemonics, June 2020
Job Title: Shule Bora (Quality School) programme – Regional Lead
Location: Singida, Katavi, Tanga, Kigoma, Rukwa, Mara, Simiyu, Mtwara, and Pwani
Overview: Chemonics seeks Regional Lead candidates for an anticipated six-year, DFID-funded education programme in Tanzania. Shule Bora seeks to improve the quality, inclusiveness, and safety of learning for all 11.5 million girls and boys in government pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. In addition to providing support to government systems at the national level, Shule Bora will provide additional focused support to an estimated 4.4 million children in the 9 regions where interventions will be piloted, scaled, adapted and made more efficient and effective in terms of delivering learning outcomes.
The 9 Regional Leads will be based in their respective region (Singida, Katavi, Tanga, Kigoma, Rukwa, Mara, Simiyu, Mtwara, and Pwani) and will work closely with representatives of the Government of Tanzania (GoT), regional government, ward education officers, local communities and other key stakeholders to collaboratively achieve programme objectives in their region of focus through joint planning and delivery.
They will be responsible for working with the GoT to enable the successful delivery of quality, gender-transformative, disability-inclusive and safe to learn educational interventions, with the overall package of interventions covering pre-primary to the transition between primary and lower secondary school (Pre-primary-Std VII). They will also be expected to ensure that learning and evidence is generated for the GoT on how to achieve these outcomes affordably and at scale.
Read Also:- Communication Manager Job At SAT, June 2020
As well as overseeing the successful delivery and monitoring of education focused interventions, they will also be focused on ensuring that these interventions are delivered through or in conjunction with GoT systems and structures. In particular, they will be focused on supporting the regional government with the related planning and budgeting processes and to manage fiduciary risk.
They will manage a multi-disciplinary team of technical (education and/or monitoring and evaluation experts), operational and finance staff. Chemonics is searching for a total of nine regional leads, with a Regional Lead based in each of Singida, Katavi, Tanga, Kigoma, Rukwa, Mara, Simiyu, Mtwara, and Pwani, who have the following expertise and qualifications:
- Experience delivering educational interventions in their respective region that achieve results related to learning (reading and mathematics), girls’ education, disability inclusion, and school safety
- An ability to liaise with Shule Bora outcome leads and contribute to the technical design interventions in the four outcome areas: learning (reading and mathematics), girls’ education, disability inclusion, and school safety
- Track record of overseeing the successful implementation of monitoring and evaluation and/or learning and adaptation plans; ensuring data quality throughout
- Experience of designing learning and adaptation plans would be an advantage
Planning and budgeting
- Extensive demonstrated experience with government planning and budgeting processes with the respective regional government
- Ability to work with regional government counterparts to manage fiduciary risk to ensure that funds are used for the intended purpose, value for money is achieved and that funds are properly accounted. Any experience identifying and addressing capacity gaps related to this would be an advantage
Stakeholder engagement and regional analysis:
- Demonstrated strength with stakeholder engagement and building and maintaining relationships
- Existing strong relationships with key stakeholders in the region would be an advantage (e.g. regional government, ward education officers, local communities, school leadership etc.)
- Provide regional contextual/political economy analysis and suggestions for programme/intervention adaptation based on this insight
General and financial/operational management:
- Experience overseeing regional operations general office management for a small to medium sized team
- Proven ability to oversee finance staff and ensure the highest standards of compliance and transparency
- Understanding of GoT and Local Government Authority funding and budgeting processes would be an advantage.
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience across the areas of expertise listed above with a combination of an strong technical education background and demonstrated experience in government planning and budgeting
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social science, international development, or a related discipline is required. Advanced degree in education or relevant discipline is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and develop partnerships with governments and local organisations
- Experience working with DFID or other donor-funded education projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills, versatility, and integrity
- Knowledge of the Tanzanian education sector and key national stakeholders is preferred, particularly in the region that the applicant is interested in serving within
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English is required.
Read Also:- TAMISEMI Selection Uchaguzi wa Vyuo 2020/2021
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Please complete your application by July 3, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.