New Job United Nations Zanzibar March 2020
Duties and Responsibilities New Job United Nations Zanzibar March 2020
Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Women’s Leadership, Political Participation and Governance
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the Women’s Leadership, Political Participation and Governance programme
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget;
- Support the implementation of programme activities;
- Support the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities;
- Maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Women’s Leadership, Political Participation and Governance programme;
- Facilitate, review and advice, on new project proposals and project documents;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and support the Monitoring and Reporting Analyst to provide technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results based management tools in collaboration with the Finance Associate and Monitoring and Reporting Analyst;
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, programme results s, outputs and outcomes;
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports.
Provide substantive technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the Women’s Leadership, Political Participation and Governance programme
- Monitor budget implementation and propose budget re-alignments/ revisions, as necessary;
- Provide substantive inputs to financial reports;
Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles in collaboration with the Communications Unit;
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
Provide technical support to inter-agency coordination on Women’s Leadership, Political Participation and Governance
- Support coordination and provide technical inputs to the WLPP Outcome Group of the UNDAP II and provide substantive content for the development of the Annual Work Plans and Regular Reports in the context of UNDAP II;
- Take part in UNDAP processes and other similar UN exercises related to the RC system, including providing substantive inputs;
Contribute inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Provide inputs in the develop of background documents, briefs and presentations related to Women’s Leadership, Political Participation and Governance;
- Provide substantive inputs on advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Provide inputs in the development of knowledge management methodologies, and products on Women’s Leadership, Political Participation and Governance
Key Performance Indicators New Job United Nations Zanzibar March 2020
- Timely and quality inputs in programme strategies and activities;
- Timely and quality inputs to workplans and budgets;
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances;
- Relationship with partners and stakeholders;
- Timely organization of events;
- Quality of knowledge and advocacy products.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge in the area of Women’s Leadership, Political Participation and Governance
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising
Required Skills and Experience New Job United Nations Zanzibar March 2020
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in project design, formulation, implementation, reporting and evaluation;
- Experience on governance and gender equality, women’s empowerment or women’s human right issues with focus on women’s leadership and political participation;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies, CSOs and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
- Knowledge of Swahili is an asset.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.