The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% arewomen out of more than 55,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because ofits credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International.
New Job Opportunities At Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS)
Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
Duty Station: Mtendeli Camp (Kakonko DC)
Reports to: Health Coordinator
Age Limit: Not above 45 years
• Supervision of nutrition programs in the camp in all health facilities
• Preparation of proposals and budgets
• Management of SAM and MAM in all modalities
• Preparation of food requisitions for different nutrition programs
• Provision of health and nutrition education to the PoCs and clients from the host
• Ensure proper management of food commodities in the stores and during distribution
• Daily, weekly and monthly sharing of statistics with stakeholders
• FBM data entry analysis and submission of reports to stakeholders
• Updating HIS system
• Ensure proper prepositioning of food to all nutrition programs
• Ensure all food items received are fit for human consumption
• Ensure all SFP registers are well recorded according to the WFP protocols/guidelines
- Bachelor Degree in Nutrition, Human Nutrition or Food Science from the reputable
- Three years working experience in the humanitarian Organization.
- Working with the Refugee Camps will be added advantages.
Duty Station: Nduta Camp (Kibondo DC)
Reports to: Pharmaceutical Technician
Age Limit: Not above 45 years
- Raising requisitions for weekly supplies of drugs and medical consumables.
- Receiving, storage and issuing of drugs and medical consumables at the camp health facilities.
- Implementing the delivery of pharmaceutical care to patients/clients of the camp health
- Monitoring the supply chain of drugs and medical consumables through daily, weekly and
monthly recording of received and issued items, along with monthly stock verification.
- Monthly reporting of the medical supply chain.
- Performing any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Certificate of Pharmacy from an accredited University.
- Three years Working experience
Duty Station: Nyarugusu Camp (Kasulu DC) and Nduta Camp (Kibondo DC)
Reports to: Patron/Matron
Age Limit: Not above 45 Years.
- Registration of clients at the OPD
- Orderly issuing, receiving and arrangement of health cards and medical records of refugee clients
and Tanzanian host community clients at the health facility OPD registration rooms
- Correct completion of HIS record books on demographic information of clients before they are
attended by medical clinicians and laboratory and pharmacy personnel, by age, gender and
- Performing any other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to details
• Interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Problem solving skills
• Task management ability
• Lots of energy and enthusiasm and a self-motivator
- Bachelor degree in business administration, business, or related field preferred
- Two (2) years’ previous experience in related field
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, ODK platforms, databases);
- Proficiency in using different functions and tools in Microsoft Excel a must
- Previous experience with different data collection methods
- Previous experience working with refugees or other vulnerable populations is an added advantage
- Flexibility in working hours when needed;
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV through
online form (You can Click the link below)
https://forms.gle/kTmwEnpHTCPc86gr9 clearly fill in the form indicating the role applied for not later than July 29th ,2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified). Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the
recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail,
yahoo any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or
compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee,
he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: