DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Job Title” Chief of Party, Tanzania
Location: Sub-Saharan Africa
Job Code: 5151
DAI seeks Chief of Party (COP) candidates for anticipated USAID-funded Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene activity in Tanzania. The program will strengthen the resilience and performance of the WASH sector through integrated attention to rural and urban water service provision; sector financing; sanitation and hygiene markets; and water resource management. The COP will provide the strategic leadership and management necessary to delivery tangible and sustainable results in partnership with government, private sector, and other development partners.
- Provide overall project vision and leadership with a focus on sustainability and collaboration
- Foster and maintain effective, professional working relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors and other stakeholders for successful implementation
- Responsible for overall management of the project including technical, financial, operational, administrative, and logistical aspects and delivery of high-quality work products and deliverables
- Develop and maintain a positive working environment for the team that invites collaboration, innovation and open communication and knowledge sharing
- Responsible for compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and DAI policies and procedures.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional and project leadership experience in water sector reform and service improvements, water resource management, integrated WASH, sector finance or other related field
Advanced degree in engineering, water and natural resource management, public administration, or a related field
- Prior experience with donor-funded projects, preferably USAID, and knowledge of donor procedures, policies, regulations and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated experience in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams, and working with partners, to deliver results
- Past Chief of Party experience highly desirable
- Fluency in English and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Experience with gender and youth integration preferred
- Experience working in Tanzania required; Tanzanian citizens preferred.