Network Administrator At EAC, July 2020. The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan and United Republic of Tanzania) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community Legislative Assembly .
Organ: Legislative Assembly
Reports to: Deputy Clerk
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job :
To analyze business needs of the Assembly and develop, implement, train and maintain software systems including database systems, network systems and EALA Website .
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To analyse, design, develop, implement and maintain applications of software in accordance with established IT standards;
- Obtain and analyse needs of the users for developing or modifying website software systems;
- Develop, improve and maintain EALA website and coordinate with other players to ensure the websites smooth operations;
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date systems and user documentation;
- Evaluate existing information systems and procedures and recommend solutions for improvement;
- Construct or modify software to meet designed solutions, using modern software tools;
- Test and implement new and revised application software systems to ensure that they meet user requirements;
- Implement software systems, including acceptance testing, user training and preparation of documentation;
- Provide software maintenance and technical support for all existing software systems ;
- Develop and implement proper backup procedures for data files stored on EAC servers and maintain up-to-date electronic copies of data at an offsite location; and
- Provide computer training and user support to ensure that technology is best utilised.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, information, technology, Telecommunications, electrical/electronic Engineering plus relevant professional qualifications .
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience . Proven experience in incorporating IT systems/networks.
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in respective Partner States) and employment records. Network Administrator At EAC, July 2020