Nafasi Za Internship Fresh Graduates
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Unit plays a vital role in supporting the implementation of the Institute’s Strategic Plan. Under the overall guidance of the Management Information Systems Officer, the ICT Intern will provide daily technical support to end-users on information management tools and technology infrastructure.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will mainly assist in providing effective ICT solutions as well as maintenance of hardware, software, and other ICT systems. From the very beginning, you will:
- Respond to users’ requests for service, troubleshooting, and assist to develop solutions.
- Assist in updating antivirus software and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Assist in monitoring backup systems and procedures for data security.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for ICT equipment.
- Assist users in determining appropriate software solutions to meet needs.
- Provide backup technical support for network, including router, firewall, and wireless access point.
- And other relevant duties as may be directed by the Supervisor.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a three-month contract with the possibility of extension if necessary. Some assignments will require traveling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other ICT-related field.
- Knowledge of Web-based 2.0 and above is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of software development.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Volunteering experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply
Join our Information and Communications Technology Unit by submitting an application via [email protected] with the following subject line “ICT Intern” by August 21st, 2020 at 1400 hours (EAT).
The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.