Postponement of studies shall mean stopping studies for a semester or whole academic year where the period will count into the student’s registration period. A student requesting for postponement must be registered or enrolled in a given technical institution; studied and completed a minimum of one semester.
Criteria for Postponement of Studies
Postponement may be granted by the technical institution due to various grounds including
health problems; family matters; pregnancy; and other compelling circumstances as may deem necessary by the relevant authority;
- A student wishing to postpone studies should submit written request supported by relevant documents to justify the request; and
- Extension of postponement shall not be permitted beyond FOUR (4) consecutive
semesters unless under exceptional circumstances.
Student’s Role on Postponement and Resumption of Studies
- Tender request for postponing studies to his/her technical institution;
- Provide relevant evidence(s) for such postponement; and
- On resuming to studies, a student must submit a letter of intention to resume studies at least ONE (1) month before the commencement of a semester.
Technical Institution’s Role on Postponement and Resumption of Studies
- Scrutinize and officially approve or reject request for postponement from students;
- Update accordingly the student’s status in NACTE Database through Institutional Panel (admission officers account); and
- Ensure that a student is in a relevant academic year and level in the Institutional Panel.
For more information get attached PDF file NACTE Criteria for Postponement of Studies