The Government of Tanzania through the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism is planning to implement a countrywide system of tour guides registration, certification and accreditation in compliance with the Tourism Act No. 11 of 2008, section 42 when read together with Tourism (Tour Guides) Regulations, 2013 and Guidelines on Registration and Licensing of Tourism Operators.
The Act stipulates that tour guides should be registered, certified and licensed after attending an appropriate training in order to operate in the tourism industry. In respect to this, the College of African Wildlife Management, Mweka (CAWM) has planned a two weeks short course for Safari Guides. The training will be conducted through lectures and field practical training at Mweka College Campus, Tarangire-Manyara and Serengeti ecosystems.
The course will cover the following areas:
- Tourism and Protected Areas
- Protected Areas Biological Resources Identification and General Ecology
- Protected Areas Physical Resources Interpretation
- Tour GuidingSkills and Techniques
- Communication Skills and Customer Care
- First Aid, Emergency Care and Wilderness Rescue
- Basics of Firearms
- At least Ordinary Certificate of Secondary Education (OCSE) or above;
- Be a member of any recognized Safari Guides Association in Tanzania;
- At least two (2) years working experience as Safari Guide for male applicants; and Cost of Training and Payment Modality
The tuition fee for each participant is TZS 800,000 excluding meals and accommodation. This fee should be paid to the College of African Wildlife Management bank accounts before starting the training.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should apply directly to the College of African Wildlife Management, Mweka with your CV or by attaching your CV and filling the application form available at the College Website (http://22.214.171.124/shortcourse.php). Proof of payment for selected students is pre-requisite before starting the training.
Deadline for application will be on 01st March 2020
The following documents should be attached with your application forms:
1. Certified copies of academic qualification
2. Identification card (Including any of the following; voter’s registration card, driving licence, passport)
3. Two passport size pictures,
4. Copy of tour guide membership card (if any),
The course will start on 16th March to 31st March 2020
For more information contact us through the following address below:
College of African Wildlife Management, Mweka,
P.O. Box 3031, Moshi, Tanzania.
Attn: Training Coordinator.
Tell: +255 27- 2974129, Fax: +255 27 2974133;
Cell: +255 764 424 473 (Training Coordinator);
Cell: +255 767 995 793 (Admission Secretary)
Email: [email protected]