MUHAS Notice To Students And Staff, May 2020
MUHAS Notice To Students And Staff. The Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) started as the Dar es salaam medical school in 1963. The school then transformed into the faculty of medicine of the university of Dar es salaam that in 1991 was upgraded and became a college–the Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences (MUCHS).
In 1996, the Faculty of Medicine that was upgraded to a constituent College of the University of Dar es Salaam, with the aim of nurturing it to a full-fledged university later on was merged with the Muhimbili hospital to create the Muhimbili Medical Centre (MMC).
Read Also:- SARIS 2 MUHAS | MUHAS SIMS | MUHAS SARIS 2 Login
Over the years MUCHS made significant achievements in terms of increased student enrollment and development of several new academic programmes. The Parliament Act No 9 of 1991 that established MUCHS was repealed in 2005 through the universities Act no 7 of 2005.Subsequently, in 2007Article 1 of the Charter of Incorporation established MUHAS; in line with the Universities act no 7 of 2005.
The objectives of the University are the advancement of knowledge, diffusion and extension of technology and learning, the provision of higher education and research and, so far as is consistent with those objectives, the nurturing of the intellectual, aesthetic, social and moral growth of the students at the University.
MUHAS has two campuses: Muhimbili Campus and Mloganzila Campus.
Muhimbili Campus is situated in Ilala Municipality, in Upanga along United Nations Road.
NOTICE TO ALL ACADEMIC MEMBERS OF STAFF WITH REGARDS TO RESUMPTION OF STUDIES AT MUHIMBILI UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES
MUHAS Notice To Students And Staff
Following announcement by the President of the United Republic of Tanzania, His Excellency Dr. John Pombe Joseph Magufuli, on 21st May 2020 that all Universities will resume studies on 1 st June 2020, the management of Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) is notifying all academic members of staff at MUHAS as follows:
- Studies at MUHAS for all Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs will resume on Monday, 1st June 2020.
- Pending examinations for the First Semester of the academic year 2019/2020 will start on Wednesday, 3rd June 2020.
- A notice has been sent to all Deans, Directors and Heads of Departments to submit the revised schedule for the pending examinations of the First Semester of the academic year 2019/2020 to the Director of Undergraduate Education by 25 th May 2020.
- The revised schedule of the pending examinations of the First Semester of the academic year 2019/2020 and the Almanac for the Second Semester will be issued after approval by Senate on 26th May 2020.
- All Heads of Departments, Course Coordinators and staff are reminded to start preparations for the examinations and inform the class representatives about the time and dates of examinations as per the revised schedule.
- Further information for resumption of studies including measures to be taken for prevention of COVID-19 infection on campus will be regularly communicated to you before and after resumption of studies.
Prof. Appolinary A. R. Kamuhabwa
Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academic, Research and Consultancy
MUHAS Notice To Students And Staff, May 22