Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a local Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for active & qualified individuals for the following roles:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will contribute to MST’s efforts to put evidence-based implementation at the heart of the program through supporting continuous program monitoring, evaluation and implementation of research studies. As a member of RME team, the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will work closely with HMIS team, project team, Medical Development Team in Tanzania, MSI staff, regional staff and other key stakeholders to ensure the attainment of MST goals and objectives though closer involvement in data collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will also support implementation of research studies and continuous analysis of routine family planning service data. The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will report to Research, Monitoring &Evaluation (RME) Lead.
Among the Key Responsibilities:
- Lead in the development of project monitoring plan (PMP) for various donors in consultation with the RME Lead, project team and other partners,
- Implementing monitoring systems and designing monitoring tools for tracking progress,
- Provide Monthly feedback to project teams and RME Lead and sub-partners on projects performance,
- Lead data quality assessments (DQA) to ensure accuracy and reliability of data collected by program team and project partners,
- Prepare consolidated progress reports for the Management – including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation, and providing specific recommendations,
- Provide routine technical support on health information systems to outreach and centres,
- Support the program in designing and implementation of research studies,
- Development of research protocol and submission to ethical review committee (ERC),
- Perform programmatic research by analysing quantitative and/or qualitative data and providing insights,
- Lead program teams in conducting program data reviews, designing and conducting further data analysis.
- Degree in Statistics/ Epidemiology/ Project Management or equivalent qualification from a reputable institution,
- Master’s degree in Health or Social Sciences will be an added advantage,
- Knowledgeable about basic statistics and statistical tools STATA, SPSS,
- Knowledgeable about DHIS2 use and management.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years experience in Monitoring and Evaluation (essential),
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience (essential), background in a consulting role (desirable),
- At least 1 to 2 years Financial or budget management – ability to put together a budget and to follow up on expenses, track grant disbursements (essential),
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English,
- Must be familiar with working in rural areas with focus on participatory processes,
- Must be willing to travel frequently in supporting project activities within the country and periodically internationally,
- Demonstrated skills in both qualitative and quantitative data management, data analysis, evaluation results for planning and report writing,
- Able to develop appropriate PMPs, results frameworks, M&E plans, program reports and other required documents,
- Must have excellent communication/interactive skills and must function well independently, as well as part of a team,
- IT literacy – proficiency in MS Office particularly Excel and quantitative analysis (essential),
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations,
- Experience in M&E preferably related to capacity building, health systems strengthening programs/projects,
- Good analytical skills.
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and Cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street – Mwenge
P. O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991 / 4
VOIP +255 768 987 780
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Sunday January 12, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.