MIS Technician at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine October, 2020
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit MIS Technician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering First Line Leader
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift/ 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Day Off
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings;
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment, devices & hardware of the Underground radio system
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of the underground communication infrastructure.
- Responsible to ensure that all device components and leaky feeder system are properly maintained and kept in full working condition
- Responsible for installation of radio hardware’s in Light Vehicles ,Heavy mining Equipments (HME) and refugee chamber
- Conducting inspection to all Refugee Chamber to Radio Communication and Phone Communication
- To be responsible for maintaining the equipment, devices & hardware of the Smart Mine UG dispatch system
- Responsible for Maintenance of Underground seismic system
- Responsible in keeping MIS inventory and Leaky feeder spare parts
- Carry out other task assigned by Shaft Maintenance First Line Leader
- Electronics or Electrical – (FTC, IMTT & VETA)
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
- Valid driving license for light Vehicle, UTV machine
- 3 Years’ experience on Underground Radio Communication
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “MIS TECHNICIAN“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th October 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com