Fully Funded Masters Scholarship Programs In Belgium 2021/2022. The general public is hereby informed that, in the academic year 2021/2022, the Belgian Government through Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS) is offering 1 to 2 years Scholarships for students and proffessionals to pursue one of 15 available Master Programmes at one of the Flemish Universities in Belgium. Interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply. More information can be found on www.vliruos.be/en/scholarships/6.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) and passed with division one or two;
- Must have completed Bachelor degree and passed with Upper Second Class with Honours;
- Must be at the age of 35 for an Initial Master and 45 for an Advanced Master;
- Must be employed in Academic Institutions, Research Instituions, Governments, the social economy or NGOs or who aim at the career in one of these sectors; and
- Must demonstrate a higher possibility of implementing and/or transferring newly gained knowledge upon return to the home country, thereby contributing to positive societal change.
List of documents to be submitted
An applicant must submit the following supporting documents as part of the evaluation process:
- The completed application form;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Scanned certified copies of academic Certificates and Transcripts
- An electronic version of an ID picture; and
- Motivation letter.
List of programmes offered
VLIR-OUS supports 15 International Master programmes. The details of the programmes and Universitity instituitons offering them can be found on the website:
Scope of the Fully Funded Masters Scholarship Programs In Belgium 2021/2022
VLIR-OUS provides full scholarships for the total duration of the Master programme (12-24 months).
NB: There is no top-up loan or grant from the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania for candidates who will be offered this scholarship.
Application process and submission
- Application for admission and scholarship should be sent directly to the Flemish Universities. The general process to apply is as follows:
- Check the eligibility criteria for scholarship;
- Have a look at the selected Master programme; and
- Visit the website of the organizing University and follow instructions.
- The deadline for the submission of electronic applications varies across programmes and organizing Universities. Strictly adhere to the indicated deadline as per programme and University of your choice.