The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at American University Beirut 2021-2022. The American University of Beirut (AUB) is offering full scholarships for graduate education for the academic year 2021-2022 in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation. You can Apply also Mawazo Institute Call for Nominations: African Women in Science E-Book 2021
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at AUB aims to prepare young people to be agents of change in their communities, countries, and regions. The program requires scholars to attend a series of workshops, courses and field work in addition to the courses for their degree.
Eligibility Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
Graduate scholarships are open to:
- Nationals of African countries;
- Nationals of Lebanon;
- Refugee and displaced living in Lebanon.
Selection and admission are based on:
- Academic promise
- Financial need
- Leadership potential
- Desire to give back and go back to one’s community
- Proof of meeting RUSE (Readiness for University Studies in English) requirement
List of required documents:
- For applicants residing in Lebanon:
- Family civil status record issued within the previous three months (عائلي قيد اخراج (or)العائلة دفتر (for Syrian applicants.
- Employment record for every working member of the family.
- For each dependent child enrolled at school or university, recent school certificate of registration showing annual tuition fees.
- Car registration form for each car owned.
- Proof of home ownership in Lebanon.
- Proof of land ownership in Lebanom.
- UNHCR registration certificates for Syrian applicants if applicable.
- For nationals of countries on the African continent:
- Employment record for every working member of the family (For parents if dependent, for spouse if married).
- Bank statement(s) for working family member(s) (If an applicant is married please provide for spouse and yourself).
- Proof of asset ownership (land, home, car, etc.)
- Any additional document that supports the information in the application.
How to Apply Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
- Complete the AUB Online Graduate Application Form after creating an account.
- Upload supporting documents as per the requirements indicated on the online graduate application.
- Once you reach the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program box in the application under “financial opportunities”, click on “Apply” in order to receive the financial survey link specific to this scholarship that needs to be filled and submitted before the application deadline. You will receive an email containing a link for the financial application after 24 hours of submitting your online graduate application.
- Complete fully and accurately the Financial Application specific for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars program and submit before the deadline – March 18, 2021.
- Upload and submit all required documents (listed below) as instructed and listed in the financial application before the deadline – March 18, 2021.
- Submit proof of meeting Readiness for University Studies in English (RUSE) requirement by April 19, 2021 the latest.
For more information, visit official webpage Mastercard Foundation Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program