Applications are now open for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022 for studies at the University of Cape Town (UCT). UCT has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation to provide scholarships to academically deserving and economically disadvantaged students from Africa. Through the scholarship, scholars can pursue undergraduate or postgraduate studies at UCT.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022 At UCT
Students enrolled in the programme will receive mentoring, leadership development, and academic and life skills support.
For the 2022 academic year, 60 scholarship opportunities are available for master’s by research only.
Selection criteria and eligibility
- Admission for studies at UCT in 2022
- Citizenship of and residency in an African country
- Must be from an economically disadvantaged background
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership skills and a commitment to social betterment and giving back to their communities and countries through volunteerism, service learning, social entrepreneurship and more.
- No applications for undergraduate, honours or master’s by coursework and dissertation will be accepted or considered for the 2022 scholar intake to the programme.
Application deadline: 30 September 2021.
Please refer to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022 at UCT website for more information on how to apply.
To access the postgraduate application form for the scholarship, applicants will need to register first on the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program online scholarship application website.