Master Mind Scholarship 2021/22 For International Students to study in Belgium. The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training awards scholarships for master’s programmes in Flanders and Brussels to outstanding students from around the world. A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €8 200 + a tuition fee waiver per academic year (60 ECTS). Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee. The grant is paid in instalments and covers accommodation costs, insurances and a significant amount of their living expenses. If you are interested, you first need to apply to one of the Flemish host institutions that participates in the Master Mind Scholarship 2021 Programme.
- The duration of mobility is one academic year for a master’s programme of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master’s programme of 120 ECTS.
- The incoming student is awarded a maximum scholarship of €8 200 per academic year according to the details mentioned in the section Payment of the scholarship.
- If a student completes a one-year Master programme, but does not obtain the Master degree at the end of the academic year in 2022 (July or September) the final installment of €1 200 will not be awarded.
In case of a two-year Master Programme at least 54 ECTS must be obtained in the first academic year in 2022 (July or September) to be able to receive the final installment of €1 200 of the first year and to be entitled to the scholarship for the second academic year. More information can be found in the section Payment of the scholarship.
Exceptions to this rule can only be granted by VLUHR in agreement with the hosting institution and the Department of Education and Training.
- The host institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee that equals the lowest rate of the yearly tuition fee for a student who receives a study grant from the Flemish government. The rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is €113.20. This rate may increase slightly from year to year.
- If a student loses his/her scholarship, the student will have to pay the
full tuition fee if he/she wants to continue the programme without the
- There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2) and USA (5). These countries are priority countries for the Flemish government. If a scholarship is not taken up, it is awarded to the candidate ranked highest by the Flemish selection committee.
- Students should not combine this scholarship with another scholarship from the Flemish government or an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
- Upon completion of the mobility, all students are expected to submit an essay and fill in a short questionnaire about their mobility.
- A maximum of 20 applications can be submitted per Flemish higher education institution.
MASTER MIND SCHOLARSHIP 2021 ELIGIBILITY
- The applicant applies to take up a master’s degree programme at a Flemish higher education institution.
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential:
- The student has a good knowledge of the English language:
- An overall minimum band score of 7.0 on the IELTS test
- A minimum total score of 94 on a TOEFL test
- A C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference
- Or a similar result in another official language test (recognized by the host institution)
- Online language tests of IELTS and TOEFL will also be accepted:
- Students who apply for a master’s programme at a school of arts have at least:
- An overall band score of minimum 6.5 on the IELTS test
- A minimum total score of 90 on the TOEFL test
- A B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference
- Or a similar result in another official English language test (recognized by the host institution)
- Online language tests of IELTS and TOEFL will also be accepted:
- The host institution also performs an academic check of the student’s file. The student has to be accepted by the host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships programme, this criterion applies.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders. International students who have been on credit mobility in a hosting Flemish higher education institution are still eligible for a Master Mind Scholarship.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply. The only exception is made for international students who, at the moment of their application in Spring 2021, are already enrolled in a specific preparatory programme in order to start a master’s programme in September 2021.
- Students who enrol for the following programmes for the academic year 2021-2022 are not eligible for the Master Mind Scholarship:
- Preparatory programmes
- Bridging programmes
- Distance learning
- Student mobility to partner institutions outside Flanders and Brussels during the master’s programme is allowed. However, at least half of the study credits of the master’s programme must be obtained at the Flemish host institution.
HOW TO APPLY MASTER MIND SCHOLARSHIP 2021?
Find out how to apply for the Master Mind Scholarships.
- STEP 1 Check if you are eligible to apply and if the Flemish institution of your choice participates in the Master Mind Scholarships
- STEP 2 Submit your application to the host institution
- STEP 3 The host institution preselects the eligible applications
- STEP 4 The host institution starts the application procedure for the Master Mind Scholarship by creating your application file in the Mobility-Online application tool
- STEP 5 You receive an email generated by the Mobility-Online tool notifying you of being preselected for a Master Mind Scholarship
- STEP 6 You register in the Mobility-Online tool and complete your application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline. Documents to be uploaded:
- Passport photo
- International passport or national ID
- A Curriculum Vitae (including your American GPA out of 4.0 and if applicable your publications, academic awards, previous scholarships, etc.)
https://www.scholaro.com/gpa-calculator/ (see annex: How to calculate your American GPA)
- Transcript of records; if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- English language test results or letter of exemption provided by the host university
- Letter of motivation written in English
- Two letters of recommendation from professors of your (previous) home university, university of applied sciences (and arts) or recent employer written in English.
- Copy of acquired diploma(s); if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- STEP 7 The host institution validates and submits the completed application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline of midnight on April 30, 2021 GMT+1. Applications validated submitted after midnight on April 30, 2021 GMT+1 will not be accepted.
For more information Visit official webage here Master mind Scholarship 2021