Manuscript Writing Workshop. Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences in collaboration with Harvard T.H Chan School of Public Health under the GID and HIS projects are organizing a Workshop on Manuscript Writing Workshop
Purpose Manuscript Writing Workshop
The purpose of this five day workshop is to build the competency of the participants in manuscript writing while helping them develop their own scientifically sound manuscript ready for publication in an appropriate peer reviewed journal.
After completion of the workshop, learners will be able to:-
- Understand and write each section of a complete manuscript(abstract, introduction, methods,study
- Prepare accompanying material needed for manuscript submissions (cover letter, ethical clearance etc).
- Transform their dissertations or first draft manuscripts into complete manuscripts ready for submission
- Submit a complete manuscript to a peer reviewed journal for publication
Academic staff, researchers and postgraduate students from various universities and health research institutions who have their zero draft manuscripts and dissertations and would like to transform these into complete manuscripts.
The course will involve three teaching methods:
- Interactive lectures by facilitators from MUHAS,
- Case studies and examples that the students will be asked to critically assess using the course content
- Hands on workshop with mentorship from experiences MUHAS faculty in writing the manuscripts.
The course is supported by the GID and HIS projects and selected participants will be sponsored. (This will include participation in the training, lunch and refreshments). Participants will be responsible for their own transport costs.
- Date: 14th – 18th December, 2020
- Venue: Muhas-Harvard Board Room, CHPE Building 2nd Floor. MUHAS.
- Time: 08:00 – 17:00 hours
This training has only 25 slots. The first eligible applicants will be accepted into the training.
To apply, send your draft manuscript or completed dissertation , your full name, the institution you are affiliated with, designation and your phone number to Mrs. Zainab Karim-Alimohamed: [email protected] and copied to Ms. Magdalena Shao [email protected]
The subject of the email should be: Manuscript Writing Workshop
Application Deadline: Monday 07, December 2020, 13:00 hours